PDA

View Full Version : hi new person

kathylou26
05-10-08, 22:26
Hello,

Well, as I am writing this I am feeling shaky, sick headed and just plain terrified - sound familiar?! I have been suffering from health anxiety (pretty much exclusively about cancer) for about 7 years, GAD for pretty much my whole life. I have good periods and bad periods but lately I have been feeling pretty desperate. I have a hard lump under my ear about the size of a very large pea that I first noticed about two and a half months ago, have been back and forth to the docs lots, blood tests all came back normal, but the blooming thing still hasn't gone and I don't think its going to. Can't stop feeling it either, every two minutes. Doc says enlarged lymph gland, but also that if it hasn't gone away by four or five months then they will remove it and do a biopsy, scary scary scary! I don't know if I can live with this hanging over me for another few weeks/month. Really affecting my life and relationships, feel so sorry for my poor long suffering boyfriend and mother. Been proscibed citolopram but can't quite bring myself to take it - don't like the idea, trying b vitamins, omega 3 and something else I can't remember the name of but no help so far. Supposed to be getting cbt but no one has contacted me yet (doc put me forward for it a couple of weeks ago.) I just feel so tired of this, feel like giving up. I am only 25. Sorry to bang on, I get fed up with my own whingeing! Its nice to feel your not alone when you find a site like this. I'm going to try and come on here instead of symptom surfing - baaad habit!

Any way, hello!

kathy

Dazza
05-10-08, 22:47
Hi Kathy,

So glad that you found us! :welcome: As you say, this such is SO much better than symptom surfing on Google!! :winks:

Don't ever think that you are whinging... we are all open minded and supportive here. You will never be judged for anything you write here, so make full use of the forums.

You will find lots of useful info, advice and support here.

I've been having healthy anxiety since May this year - mostly heart related in my case.

I hope that you get as much comfort from this site as I have.

Welcome to the NMP family! :hugs:

london
06-10-08, 00:10
Hello,

Well, as I am writing this I am feeling shaky, sick headed and just plain terrified - sound familiar?! I have been suffering from health anxiety (pretty much exclusively about cancer) for about 7 years, GAD for pretty much my whole life. I have good periods and bad periods but lately I have been feeling pretty desperate. I have a hard lump under my ear about the size of a very large pea that I first noticed about two and a half months ago, have been back and forth to the docs lots, blood tests all came back normal, but the blooming thing still hasn't gone and I don't think its going to. Can't stop feeling it either, every two minutes. Doc says enlarged lymph gland, but also that if it hasn't gone away by four or five months then they will remove it and do a biopsy, scary scary scary! I don't know if I can live with this hanging over me for another few weeks/month. Really affecting my life and relationships, feel so sorry for my poor long suffering boyfriend and mother. Been proscibed citolopram but can't quite bring myself to take it - don't like the idea, trying b vitamins, omega 3 and something else I can't remember the name of but no help so far. Supposed to be getting cbt but no one has contacted me yet (doc put me forward for it a couple of weeks ago.) I just feel so tired of this, feel like giving up. I am only 25. Sorry to bang on, I get fed up with my own whingeing! Its nice to feel your not alone when you find a site like this. I'm going to try and come on here instead of symptom surfing - baaad habit!

Any way, hello!

kathy

if there was any worry the blood test the doctor took would say .,.. dont worry your be fine