PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do

lizzie29
06-10-08, 01:07
I have separation anxiety and am having cbt. As part of myy therapy, I have to spend evenings on my own at home without my husband, as this is something I find really difficult. On Friday, my husband went to the local pub and, although I was worried, I coped fine.
I've just been playing on his phone and found a message saying about him being at a different (further) pub on Friday. When I confronted him, he said they'd changed their minds and moved pubs. I asked him why he didn't phone to tell me when he was driving there, as he knows I need to know where he is and I'd said that if I got really worried, I'd drive there and see him. He says he didn't tell me because he didn't wnt to worry me.
The fact is, I'm fuming. He didn't even tell me when he got home and we were discussing his night. I now feel that I can't trust him to be where he says he'll be, which will leave me more worried in future when he goes out. He said he didn't think it was important to tell me, but he knows it's so important to me to know where he is. We've had a MASSIVE row about it, I'm so upset and can't sleep, I don't know what to do, I feel so sad and angry, please can someone give me advice or just some nice words. Thanks.

LeeBee
06-10-08, 02:21
Hi lkenny - when is your next CBT session? Maybe tell your therapist about it so that they can incorporate it into your therapy. I'm sure your husband is a nice man, and a trustworthy man. I'm no expert on this but I'd say you need to let it go... I realise that's much, much harder than I've just made it sound there... Hope you manage to make up with your hubby. Hugs :hugs:

keepemlaughing
06-10-08, 02:37
Unless he has given you a reason to distrust him besides this one instance, I would let it go. My own ex husband would lie about everything, even what he had for breakfast! I had reason not to trust him. If your husband just changed pubs and there isn't any underlying trust issues, forgive and forget.
That is my advice. Hope everything works out!
Blessings,
Sheryl