PDA

View Full Version : how do deal with feelings

Ozpanic
06-10-08, 03:06
Hi, i have PTSD from motor accident years ago, years of legal, plus my GAD on top i feel like have almost killed me, i hate the nightmares vivid dreams, and moods, i take 5mg diazepam most days, and things to help with pain and to help with sleep it all gets me down the medications, and the PTSD and the anxiety, i feel like days i will loose it literately, I want to learn and try to not be so self focused any ideas? most days i just am to exhausted to do anything, and cannot wait till all the legal is finished to. OZ

Southern_Belle
07-10-08, 00:19
Have you gone through any counseling? Are you able to drive? I know myself that after a bad accident I found driving difficult at first. To be less focused on yourself you need to do things you enjoy. Your mind needs to be focused on other things, if you can do things for others, I find that is when I get the most enjoyment out of life. If you want to ever get off your meds, please get help with a doctor first. I hope you feel better soon. If anything, go for a short walk, it will give you more energy. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Laura xxx

Ozpanic
07-10-08, 03:18
Thanks Southern Bell, no i dont drive have not for 4years since it, i am going to soon though re-learn. I am 90% housebound, i agree focus on something else i do try with making hobbies cards etc... some days i feel so nauesated though :blush: yes i will check with GP first re meds, i just get so tired of taking them but the panic scares me the most thankyou OZ :doh:

Lynnann
09-10-08, 00:43
Hi Oz,

Just wanted to say Hi and let you know you are not alone with this. distraction is a good technique but ultimately you have to find what works for you and that will involve some trial and error. anyhow welcome to NMP.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

smudgie
09-10-08, 00:58
Hi Oz:hugs:

I felt I wanted to write to you and say how sorry I am you have gone through the car accident, the truma alone with that is enough to destroy your life without the legal stuff on top. All the toing and froing to solicitors and of course the other side not believing how bad you are and most probably making you feel your telling lies.

The pain of going through this experience is beyond belief and unfortunatley will not stop until they are entirely sure they dont have to pay out too much.

I would suggest to you , you get some kind of help with this , even if its just talking to someone. You have made a start by talking to us.

The more support you get to off load the better. has your solicitor suggetsed counselling which could be paid for through them.

I hope you get some help from all here, if you want to talk, just pm me .

take care of you
smudgiexxx

Ozpanic
11-10-08, 04:55
Hi Oz:hugs:

I felt I wanted to write to you and say how sorry I am you have gone through the car accident, the truma alone with that is enough to destroy your life without the legal stuff on top. All the toing and froing to solicitors and of course the other side not believing how bad you are and most probably making you feel your telling lies.

The pain of going through this experience is beyond belief and unfortunatley will not stop until they are entirely sure they dont have to pay out too much.

I would suggest to you , you get some kind of help with this , even if its just talking to someone. You have made a start by talking to us.

The more support you get to off load the better. has your solicitor suggetsed counselling which could be paid for through them.

I hope you get some help from all here, if you want to talk, just pm me .

take care of you
smudgiexxx

Hi Smudgie,
thanks for your reply, today is a bad day full of anxiety back pain, psychological etc... just want to :weep::weep:and ..sleep has been bad too, nightmares again, i did have counselling for 3months at one point but it didnt help to much , i got worse for some reason. it is a big process yes on top of everything else, but what can you do? have to get up and live right even though i feel i don't want to some days, my anxiety is a 10/10 most days i wonder if i am even here 1/2 the time, i dread waking up really, i wish there was a medicine that totally numbed me out, all i ever feel is pain or anxiety, and family are like lets do something they try, but i dont know why but its to much overwhelming to even go out the house or shopping, does anyone have a hard time focusing?? i hate that the most too, i just want the me back, thanks for your reply means alot to have people to talk too.. OZ

Lynnann
11-10-08, 17:14
Hi Oz,

I am sorry you are having a bad day; what do you do to help you sleep?

Counselling has it's advantages but I would say it's worth trying CBT? At least look into it and see if you think it's right for you.

Is there anything else that provides you with an interest? Something you can focus on? I know it is difficult when the dark cloud has descended but the more you find the light the easier it gets.

We all want the old me back but I am afraid the old you has gone all you can do is mould who the new you will be; who knows it could be even better?

Hugs to you and hoping tomorrow is a better day

Lynnann

Ozpanic
12-10-08, 02:07
Hi Oz,

I am sorry you are having a bad day; what do you do to help you sleep?

Counselling has it's advantages but I would say it's worth trying CBT? At least look into it and see if you think it's right for you.

Is there anything else that provides you with an interest? Something you can focus on? I know it is difficult when the dark cloud has descended but the more you find the light the easier it gets.

We all want the old me back but I am afraid the old you has gone all you can do is mould who the new you will be; who knows it could be even better?

Hugs to you and hoping tomorrow is a better day

Lynnann

Hi Lynnann, Sleep well diazepam, or stilnox, sometimes or nothing depends
stare at ceiling, till i go to sleep, relaxation i try too, I do like photography though, i know i wish that dark cloud would go hopefully soon, ride it out i guess thanks OZ

kittyk
04-11-08, 19:45
Hello Oz,
I am new to this but appreciate how you must feel regarding the lack of sleep.I find I can go to sleep but wake up early hours wondering what happened and constant re-playing of incident, hoping for changes to outcome. I have started CBT but am not sure if this is having the right effect....still feel too low to absorb what the counsellor is trying. I agree with your "I just want the me back"

Gem Can't Switch Off
04-11-08, 22:35
Hi Oz,

I can relate to your experiences. I'm going through all the legal business and trying to get my pain under control since an accident last year, whilst dealing with major anxiety.

I've tried NLP and hypnotherapy- they helped a bit. Now I'm going to try Cranio-Sacral Therapy in 2 weeks time. I've heard good things about it so I'll let you know how it goes. Have you tried anything like that at all?? xxx

Ozpanic
13-01-09, 07:25
HI all , well an update i brought a new car and am now driving again http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/000202B0.gifits been great , although i still get someone to come with me, i am coming along in leaps and bounds... (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=10)

[/URL]Hi Gem cant switch off, No i havn't tried that cranial therapy what is it??I've pretty well come along in leaps now..... only thing is still get bad is shaking in the car and panic attacks..... OZ

[URL="http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=12"]
(http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=10)

Southern_Belle
01-02-09, 16:34
Hi Oz,

Gosh I'm so happy for you. I think in time, the shakes will eventually go away in the car with you doing more driving. You might also try driving alone in small frequencies when you feel ready perhaps in an empty parking lot with your partner there (on the sideline) for both confidence and strength.

I do hope you continue to do so well on your journey to recovery in all ways.

Take care,

Laura