PDA

View Full Version : Really getting down (any advice)

louise0501
06-10-08, 14:46
hey, i've been really feeling down lately because i feel really lonely, i don't have ANY friends or a boyfriend and i feel like i am now starting to drift from my family too. i wanna do things with my life like go to america next year and i wanna try and start fulfilling my dreams like joining a theatre group and then maybe going to drama school next year to do a stage management course but i just feel like none of this is possible because i am so shy and i feel my anxiety will always get in the way, everytime i tell my family about going to america or going to college they basically just laugh in my face and change the subject. i feel so lonely, any advice? i would really appreciate it.
Please reply
Luv Louise

titch
06-10-08, 14:52
HEY HUN!! you have allof us as your friends...i hope you get through it hun...stay strong.. x:bighug1:

louise0501
06-10-08, 17:02
awwwwww thanks any advice though?

CONS
06-10-08, 17:44
Advice is simple,

if you want go Americ and join a theatre group then do it, people laughed at me when i planned a 6 month trip to Japan, they didnt laugh when it came close to the time and i had booked my first 4 months worth of hostel stays.

Sigh

I didnt go because of anxiety, it really stepped up a gear when the time came and i lost a lot of money and had my pride stamped on. Its important to have dreams/wants and needs fulfilled so you go ahead and have them.

You want a boyfriend, i want a girlfriend.

You want travel, so do i,

make it happen, especially the theatre group, i always wanted go to drama school back in the day and regret that i didnt. what a great way to express yourself and be different people in different scenarios,

Best of luck,

CONS

Bill
08-10-08, 02:08
It's Your life, no one elses. They are Your dreams, not theirs. If you follow your heart combined with strength and determination to achieve Your goals then Nothing will stop You, not even anxiety.

When I was in my teens I was painfully shy and I never had any girlfriends. It was only when I reached my mid-20's that I had my first proper girlfriend and even now I can count them on less than one hand. When I was young I wouldn't talk to anyone! Even when I started work, my boss said he couldn't get me to talk.

However, eventually I did marry in my first serious relationship and regretted it ever since! I did though get to America twice, held meetings and trained others at work and even got on the radio.

So you see, Anything is possible IF you are prepared to fight for what You want and Not listen to others who just want to put you down all the time.

Confidence - Build your confidence by fulfilling your goals and the world will be your oyster!.........and Lots of people will be attracted to you.:hugs:

Ozpanic
08-10-08, 02:23
hey, i've been really feeling down lately because i feel really lonely, i don't have ANY friends or a boyfriend and i feel like i am now starting to drift from my family too. i wanna do things with my life like go to america next year and i wanna try and start fulfilling my dreams like joining a theatre group and then maybe going to drama school next year to do a stage management course but i just feel like none of this is possible because i am so shy and i feel my anxiety will always get in the way, everytime i tell my family about going to america or going to college they basically just laugh in my face and change the subject. i feel so lonely, any advice? i would really appreciate it.
Please reply
Luv Louise

Hi Louise, dont let anyone laugh at you, if they do family or not they dont know any better and it is ignorance. Keep your goals dreams alive Oz :winks:

Anxious_gal
08-10-08, 02:35
add me on msn if you fancy a chat x