PDA

View Full Version : waking up with num handes

chris q
07-10-08, 00:41
hi all every now and then i wake up with really num hades do any of have this

LeeBee
07-10-08, 06:53
Hi Chris, yep, I get this sometimes. I put it down to the position in which I've been sleeping and how tense I am in my sleep. I usually sleep with my hands or arms under my pillow and I think sometimes I just cut off the blood supply - I often wake up with numb hands. When I've been super-anxious I've woken up with two dead arms and my back and neck muscles stiff as anything. I think I've been gripping my pillow really hard in my sleep when this happens. :)

Trixie
07-10-08, 07:10
I woke up this morning with a numb right arm, it is nothing to worry about. If you lie on them for a long time they will go numb. I doubt if there are many people in this world that don't wake up with some part of their body numb. It is absolutely nothing to worry about. Hasn't it every happened to you before?

pinkpiglet
07-10-08, 09:27
Hi there, yeah, as it happens I have had this for the past few nights (it isnt new to me). I wake up and my whole hand is numb (usually just one hand). It's has if i'v been laying on it then as soon as i wake up and get it moving it starts to tingle as if the blood is circulating again.
I would try not to worry!

anxious
07-10-08, 09:56
I have spells of this. I once woke up with a numb leg, got out of bed and fell on the floor :D

LeeBee
07-10-08, 10:11
Hee hee anxious you made me laugh. :D With your dead leg and my dead arms we'd fall down and not be able to get back up!

SamanthaAU
07-10-08, 10:36
I have a funny story:roflmao:

My hubby went to the 'library' (read loo!) and was obviously there too long reading his book. He got up, had a numb leg fell over and nearly broke his shoulder on the door:roflmao:

But to answer your question OP, yes I wake up like this too!

LeeBee
07-10-08, 10:44
:D I don't know what's wrong with me, all these images of people keeling over with numb limbs keeps making me giggle :D

SamanthaAU
07-10-08, 10:55
LOL, nothing wrong with that LeeBee:D ! I am always the type that has a silent giggle if I see someone fall over. In fact, I have passed the trait on to my daughter who has just turned 3! We were walking into McDonalds about 6 months ago and it was slippery and a little boy slipped into the door (he was fine mind you!) and she cracked up laughing:yesyes: :roflmao:

Simply Red
07-10-08, 13:28
Hi

I often wake up with numb hands or feet and sometimes just patches of numbness on my legs, i used to panic about it but have just accepted it now!

Take care

Red xx

labridges7
07-10-08, 16:48
is it dangerous?

claire1983phillips
07-10-08, 18:01
hi every one does any one hands hurts all day my lefted arm always hurts all the time which i know its down to my being panic but my lefted hand really hurts all the time right down to my fingers xx

pinkprincess
07-10-08, 20:02
I wake up with numb hands and i havent even leant on them, its jst anxiety, also i have recently been pregnant so could be a nerve which was trapped during pregnancy but it is definatly nothing to worry about it, it is very common.

Elsie
07-10-08, 20:23
Hi,

I also get this numbness and seem to get it on the days i am most anxious and more tense.

Elsie :)