PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very odd(please can i get some advice)

Andyroo
07-10-08, 10:55
Hello

just today i decided i was going to take the Anti D's the doctor gave me. so i did i took one today... now i dont know how soon u can feel side affects from Anti D's but i feel weird.. i only took one and i feel weird!! i just tried eating dinner .. it was very hard for me to swallow my food.. my throat feels abit funny... my body feels abit different to .. im not sure if i should see a doctor or what.. ive felt abit shakey today my throat is pretty dry my mouth isnt so dry but my throat seems to be ... im sorry im not good at explaining things .. so if u have questions ask... the fact my throat feels weird and it was hard to swallow is really freaking me out... if anyone knows anything please please let me know!:weep:

yorkylover
07-10-08, 10:59
The med's can make you feel really odd straight away,and what your explaining it does sound like the med's.

When I started mine I felt terrible for two week's and then it went off.
If you are concerned just phone your surgery and they will explain thing's to you.

Also because you know you have taken a pill you are probably feeling anxious as well.:hugs:

pinkpiglet
07-10-08, 11:04
AWW, My little boy Ethan Noah was born in November 2006 too xxx

I think that what you are experiencing is probabaly just a little added anxiety from the thought of taking this new medication. I had this when i first started taking fluoxetine. I started to feel as if i could not breath and my mouth was dry. I felt as if i could not swallow and then i started to panic. I had to tell myself firmly that it was all in my head. Its daunting when taking new meds for the first time, especially anti D'd as they have such a stigma attatched to them.

CONS
07-10-08, 11:13
Possibly anxiety,

fear of fear maybe, or like yorky lover said it could be that your body is adjusting already. Try your best to keep your thoughts positive, usually anti-d's take between 2-4 weeks to "start working" as they say but if you are getting more and more worried call your GP or NHS direct:

0845 4647

Talk with a registered nurse and explain dosage and the feelings you have for piece of mind. Its hard when you experience new things and dont fully understand them.

Try be positive and push past it but if it persists be pro-active and make the call.

CONS

EDIT: Sorry just realised your from New Zealand

Elsie
07-10-08, 21:08
I had side effects almost immediatley after starting citalopram. First was the upset stomachs, the dizziness and feelin faint, then i had a constant dry mouth,then blocked sinuses the list went on! It settled down within 4 weeks or so though once the medication gets fully into your system.
Just hold on tight it will get better.

Elsie