PDA

View Full Version : People with BDD wanted for Guardian Weekend magazine

emilywriter
07-10-08, 10:58
Hi there,
I'd love to speak to someone with BDD for the Experience section of The Guardian Weekend magazine (the Saturday magazine of the newspaper). The section is a one-page piece written in the first person, focusing on somebody's individual experience. It is always tackled very sensitively and I would be happy to send the article to them before it is published. All that is involved is a chat on the phone and a photograph. I understand that being photographed is a delicate issue, but perhaps there is somebody out there who would see it as a positive step on the road to recovery? If this sounds like something you'd like to do, then please contact me on emily_p70 AT hotmail DOT com

bottleblond
07-10-08, 18:55
What is BDD? You'll have to excuse my blondness :blush:

Lisa
x

pongo's mum
07-10-08, 19:03
Yea? :blush: whats BDD? Isnt that awful?

pooh
07-10-08, 23:27
Hi its body dysmorphic disorder. It is common for sufferers to believe themselves ugly or disfigured.

Pooh x

emilywriter
08-10-08, 10:06
Hi there,
sorry not to have explained myself properly - yes, BDD is body dysmorphic disorder. I'm also looking for people who have similar conditions such as phobias, panic attacks etc. If you're willing to be interviewed please get in touch!
Emily