PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

pjkais
07-10-08, 12:41
Hello all, thought ide best say hello and give a quick intro..

I am a 36 year old bloke from Herts and have been suffering/enduring panic attacks for about 10 years or so. After trying to fix it myself (cos that's wot us men do). I have realised that I am probably not the only person in the world who feels this way and maybe not even the only person on my packed commuter train!

Here's to the start of something new.

Thanks

PK

CONS
07-10-08, 12:50
Hi pj,

im 30 yr old male and isnt it a kick in prides nuts to have this disorder?

Tried many ways from meds to natural/practical coping strategies and about to start group therapy,

welcome to the board,

CONS

pjkais
07-10-08, 12:57
Yup, it's a bit of a bummer to say the least..I am now off out of the office and have to cross a bridge over the Thames... Not my favourite pastime but probably easier than taking the tube!

PK

lorac
07-10-08, 14:19
Hi pk

Welcome to the site, you certainly aren't the only person feeling this way and many of us on here will understand.

Take care

Carol

bottleblond
07-10-08, 14:21
Hi PK

Welcome along and your certainly not on your own.

Love Lisa
xxx

pooh
07-10-08, 14:38
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

thinker_bell
07-10-08, 15:04
holla pk
welcome, hope you find the support and advice you need on here..
being male or female its very hard... but youre not alone anymore.. let us take some of your burden xxx
:bighug1:

Veronica H
08-10-08, 15:26
Hi PK:welcome: Welcome to NMP. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded to your MP3 from NMP too. Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.
Veronica

Southern_Belle
09-10-08, 15:14
Hi PK,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

milly jones
10-10-08, 20:29
a really warm welcome to no more panic

love from milly xxxx