PDA

View Full Version : birthday dinner

thoughts and actions
07-10-08, 12:51
hi guys

need some advice-

its one of my best friends b day on friday and she has asked me to come for a dinner in her fav restuarant.

My prob is -
1. We will have to get the train there and back and i havent been on a train since last november
2. I havent been out in an eating place since all my anxiety began at start of this year

My friend knows bout my anx etc and has said that its cool if i didnt go but i really want to- i dont wanna let her down and wanna be there for her bday.

What should i do- my anx and panic have been a lot better this last month since i have settled in back at work- the last 2 weeks though when i have had my days off i have been ill (not anxiety ill- had cold one week, infection the next) so i havent really been out of my "comfort zone" if you like. N this night would be facing all my fears at once!!

Its funny coz as i am writing this thread i can feel the anxiety building up!!

xx

lifeissweet
07-10-08, 13:32
hi...

i know how u feel..for one i would def not be able to handle a train yet! but then to sit in a restaurant also is a but much...

but i think you def have to go, if you dont then you are letting ur fears stop you doing what u would want to.

in my book (claire weekes) it explains about just accepting that ur body will panic, and not letting it stop you doing what you are doing.

you will find that when u get there youll enjoy yourself and wonder why you worried. its aalllwwaayyss the anticipation thats worse than the doing!

hope you find the strength to go x

lorac
07-10-08, 14:04
Hi

Can't really help you make the decision of whether you go or not but I can tell you that recently I have been faced with quite of few invites out and I have really stressed over going to all of them wondering if I can go through with it or not. I decided to try each outing and despite the anxiety I have enjoyed myself and coped alot better than I thought I would

I hope you enjoy yourself if you decide to go.

Carol

smiths
08-10-08, 12:21
also think you should try it as much as you will stress it will be ok when you get there and u will enjoy it
i have a birthday meal tonite im worried as im not a big eater