PDA

View Full Version : Self adsorbed

Goodlife
07-10-08, 12:58
Hi
I've just realised how self adsorbed I've become, and how wrapped up I am in my own problems.
I've just booked an appointment at the Dr's for my 10 year old daughter, who has been having blood coming from her back passage when she goes to the toilet. Even as I'm worrying about her I'm thinking while we're in there I'll just get the Dr to check out my indigestion like symptoms. How selfish is that ?
I seem to spend every moment obssessing over my own health even when one of my children has something going on that you can actually see.
I feel really guilty and angry at how this anxiety thing has changed me as a person and instead of being there for my family they all have to support me all the time.
Sorry just ranting at myself really. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious for my daughter.

Simply Red
07-10-08, 13:23
Hi,

I hope your daughter is ok, i'm sure she will be.

The way you feel is just another way of the anxiety affecting you. Don't feel bad, we punish ourselves enough.

The love and support goes both ways and I'm sure your family don't view you any differently, you deserve love and care just as much as they do.

Take care

Red xx

Mudskipper
07-10-08, 13:35
Hi
It's difficult not to be self-absorbed when you're suffering from health anxiety. Even if it caused you to clam up and pass responsibility to someone else, it still wouldn't be anything to be ashamed of, but it hasn't. You're seeing to it that your daughter gets the attention she needs, in other words, being a good parent, so don't beat yourself up over it. Try not to worry about your daughter too much until the doctors seen her. Kids often get constipated which can lead to straining too hard on the toilet, leading to a minor tear in the back passage which will tend to open up and bleed every time they go. Can't say for certain this is what yours has done, but mine have both had this problem.

Take care.
:flowers:

Lissy43
07-10-08, 13:48
I fel the same, I do the same thing or at least I have in the past.

You are not a bad person at all, you can't help your anxiety.

lorac
07-10-08, 13:54
Hi

Don't give yourself a bad time over this it is part of the anxiety you are still sorting out your daughters problems. I used to hate myself for worrying about my health when other important things were needing attention untill I realised that it was just my way of dealing with things, each problem that comes up I turn it inwardly to my own health issues instead of facing the problem, it doesn't mean we care any less for others it's just how our anxiety works.

Hope your daughter is ok.

Carol

Goodlife
07-10-08, 14:25
Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. As ever on here, despite their own problems, people still find time to help others.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just have a day or two without any worries.
Thanks again:winks:

Elsie
07-10-08, 20:20
Hi,

Please don't beat your self up about this, a health anxiety or any anxiety for that matter is so overwhelming its a struggle to focus on anything else.

I'm sure your daughter will be fine but as you are probably worrying about her that is making your own anxiety worse.

Hope you are ok.

Elsie :)