PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics and dizzy spells

Eleanorscrafts
07-10-08, 14:16
Hi all,

Just found this forum and it's great to see I'm not alone :) .

I'm 39 and been having ectopics for some yrs and been taking propranalol for 18 mths. But over the last 4 mths I have also been getting really bad dizzy spells, shortness of breath and being really drowsey, to the point I've been of sick now for 4 wks.

When I have a bad dizzy spell, it's like every thing is in slow motion and I feel like I'm in a dream, my breathing becomes slown and shallow, I also go very gray in my face and my eye sockets go very dark/black, then I feel very drowsey and just want to sleep and usually do, the last time[wed] I slept for 2 days on and off. I then feel really run down and still go dizzy a number of times through out the day for 1-2 wks later, then I think yeah I'm ok then I get another bad dizzy spell and I'm back to square one!!

I've been to the doc's and after blood test ect they are at a loss to what's causing them. The last one[wed] my husband rushed me to A&E, it scared him that much, but even they couldn't find what was wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Eleanor xx

kimmiepie
07-10-08, 21:41
Hi Eleanor.

My guess is that it is a reaction to the meds. It is best not to take any meds if you can help it. Try magnesium instead, no nasty side effects. :)

Oh FYI you can develop reactions at any time while taking a medication, even if you've been on it for years. So I would see about getting off of it and see what happens.

Good luck!

Eleanorscrafts
07-10-08, 22:39
Hi Kimmiepie,

Thanks for your reply, going back to the doc's on thurs so I will mention it to her.
When the dizzy spells started my doc doubled my medication and they have become worse not better. So there could be a link.

Eleanor x

Eleanorscrafts
09-10-08, 12:00
Hi all,

Good new's I can go back to work tomorrow and the doc is going to start to reduce my meds :yesyes: .

Eleanor xx

kimmiepie
21-10-08, 01:07
Great news! I hope you're feeling better soon. :yesyes: