PDA

View Full Version : this is the kind of stuff

bluewoman
07-10-08, 14:26
that is keeping me anxious and depressed. i usually feel ok after 7 most days for some reason... last night i decided to finally put some pics in albums and i was working on that when everything started to get fuzzy and then i started feeling off balance. i had to put everything away and just went to bed. WHAT IS THAT and see how i feel like i cannot even do normal stuff!!

CONS
07-10-08, 15:24
The pics worked on some subconsious level somehow?

Thats the only trigger i can place my finger on, much going on in your life right now? extra pressures etc?

CONS

bluewoman
07-10-08, 16:25
thanks for the reply but it seems to happen anytime i try to concentrate on something else. that is why i am soo scared it is something else. i have had an mri though but it is such a wierd feeling

Richd
07-10-08, 23:55
I have this too, personally it has a lot to do with when I'm tired, I felt much better all day today, but then when I finished work I was so tired and started to think, and I can feel my brain and thought patterns change then, I become a lot more on edge, analytical, insular, unable to stop myself questioning everything, and I mean everything.

The best answer I can come up with is, ride it out, and then sleep. In all realness, nothing is going to happen to you so the panic will end, and you will be ok again. It's what you have to keep in the forefront of your mind throughout. And when the panic ends, just sleep. If you're anything like me you'll be knackered enough!

Take care x

Bill
08-10-08, 01:45
Reading your other recent post, you suffered a bad experience which has caused new fears which I've elaborated on in your other post.

These new fears cause "emotional stress" and because the fears haven't been dealt with, the stress is also still active. When you come to do something which elevates your stress level further, it will tip you over the edge causing a panic attack which you experienced. The photos could have triggered your fears subconsciously or you could have been overtired etc. Whatever the cause, your stress level was raised.

After we suffer a bad experience, it not only causes new fears but also increases your adrenalin levels. These combined with worry due to your fears cause a neverending cycle of worry - adrenalin which cause your mind to be on a heightened alert. In other words, your mind has forgotten how to relax because the bad experience has left you living in fear of the future and of your symptoms.

You need to learn how to leave the past in the past to enable you to move forward, you need to learn to not fear or worry about the future but enjoy each day and you need to learn how to "switch off" your worry by learning how to relax.

Distraction can be a very effective method to focus our minds away from worry But if we try to do things when we live in fear every day, these fears will create extra stress which could trigger panics and the cycle will continue every day until we learn not to dwell on the past or worry about the future but instead learn how to find enjoyment each day without fear.:hugs:

Anxious_gal
08-10-08, 02:36
hmm sometimes i have whole days where i feel like i am half asleep , dunno if its the same as what you get x