PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Neurosis

ElizabethJane
07-10-08, 16:47
Years ago when I was a teenager my GP at the time gave me this diagnosis. I am feeling extreme anxiety at the moment. Not all the time but it does peak and I get panic attacks. This many have a lot to do with coming off a certain anti depressant. I want to succeed this time in coming off them but I dont want to fail and make myself ill again. I'm panicing in situations that I would normally cope with ease. Being aware of the situation and knowing that I can cope helps a little. I was in the middle of Sainsburys panicing and I'm saying why do I have to panic I can leave when I want to. Today it feels really stuffy at work but again I can go out the back as it is cooler out there.

pooh
08-10-08, 00:33
Hey there

are you on a programme of withdrawl? Is this complimented by other therapies eg counsellor psychologist?

Coming of medication can be very difficult and has to be done the right way you also have to be pretty sure that you have developed the right coping mechanisms and techniques and feel ready for this change.

We all struggle at different times. Your struggle is greater right now but it can and will get better you have your own personal experience of this to prove it.

Pooh x

ElizabethJane
08-10-08, 06:36
Wise words Pooh. I see Dr J a psychiatrist who has suggested I come off the mirtazapine because I have put on so much weight. I tried tapering over the Summer and ended in a much worse place/state. It does feel like a lonely business and one of my posts last night was pretty despairing. If I admit to panic and anxiety I risk being put on even stronger drugs. I think in my case Dr J will see how I am and if I'm still unwell will try something else to compliment the lithium and prothiaden I'm already on. He has suggested couples counselling or a self esteem course but as these occur at the Priory they cost money and my Psychiatric cover with BUPA is alll used up (forever) I might try and ring them today as his secretary will pass on any messages to him. Usually I am fairly high functioning and as I have chosen private care do not have a CPN or a psychologist. I can usually cope alright but I suppose the witjhdrawal has highlighted the flaws in my personality. Thanky ou for supporting me. Jane.