PDA

View Full Version : doctors

dee211
07-10-08, 21:40
ive read a lot of threads of people going to the doctors , over there health fears, so was wondering if any of you avoid going to the doctors,when you feel you have an illness ? ?
the thought of having a check done scares the hell out of me ,and i would worry over a health worry rather than have a trip to the doctor over it, dont get me wrong i have a great relationship with my gp ,butto getme to have any tests done is a big no no .,

RosieXXX
07-10-08, 21:46
Same for me. It really worries me. I do go if I get to the stage where I can't function anymore because of the worry. Years ago I used to go more often, but now hardly ever. I also feel awkward, because they know I have health anxiety, and I think sometimes they are not particularly understanding.

chocoholic
07-10-08, 22:49
hi
i'm the opposite as i go to the doctor for every little thing as i need constant reassurance. i feel better for chatting to my doctors and they are very understanding about the fact i feel i need to do this. everyone is different but if it means peace of mind...:)

LeeBee
07-10-08, 22:59
I used to hate going to the doctor, even when I was really ill, like with a chronic chest infection that I had a few years ago. I just didn't want them to tell me that I had something serious. This year though, when I've become much more anxious, I run to the doctor whenever the worry about a symptom gets too much, and have called for an ambulance twice while having a panic attack. I felt so relieved after every visit, then start getting anxious again a few days later. This was at it's worst when I really did have a virus - I was at the doctor nearly every week for about 6 weeks. Now that I'm better, though, I've been able to stay away. Just have to go and get this darn mole checked :).