PDA

View Full Version : INSIDE MY MOUTH(dont read if you get grossed out easily please)

Andyroo
08-10-08, 07:18
warning
my spelling is bad

this has abit to do with my previous post http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36873

Well im finally going to a dentist tomorrow.. im sure its going to be mouth cancer ive been looking at the spot on my cheek for so long i forgot about the rest of my mouth!!!! on my gums in the front of my mouth ive got thease blister looking things ive had for months!! i looked at them today they dont hurt unless i touch them. ive lived in australia for maybe a year and a half ... i started getting gum problems when i first moved here and i havent been able to see a denist because money had been tight!! now what if its to
late??:weep: my gums and teeth are in pretty bad condition.. ive never seen my
mouth look this bad before .. my gums are always red and sore!!and i have white blister things ive had for months! and on top of that i still have that weird area inside me mouth on my cheek next to my back teeth im only 23 and i dont even smoke!! i have a few years back! but not even much!!
i dont know what else this can be other then oral cancer.. my mouth is a mess(ontop of that my lips are always dry):weep:

ps. im always feeling sick with head aches and sore throats!!

Andyroo
08-10-08, 08:00
im just scared i dont know what to do with myself untill then :weep:

Trixie
08-10-08, 08:08
It sounds like a very severe case of gum disease to me.

LeeBee
08-10-08, 08:20
Malv, honey, you've just got a few more hours then you'll be off to the dentist and you'll get your mouth sorted out.

Anxiety can exacerbate all sorts conditions, for example it can make you get more mouth ulcers. I think it's something to do with the immune system being over-stimulated in someone who has high levels of stress and anxiety. Are you looking after yourself properly, diet, rest and exercise-wise? It sounds like you're very busy with your wee boy and partner, and in between them and your anxiety, do you get enough nutritious food and rest? A poor diet and lack of sleep can make you get more little niggles and infections and what-not.

You're young, you're otherwise healthy - you'll be fine. Just keep focused on your dental appointment tomorrow. The dentist will be able to tell you what the problem is and treat you. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

joyce1980
08-10-08, 09:50
Gingervitis, it can be treated and is not life threatening in ANY way shape or form

Andyroo
08-10-08, 10:49
Ive never been this bad with my health anxiey be4 this is the first time i have felt this out of control.. even when i was put in the hospital for my first panic attack.. they told me it was a panic attack and i accepted it and worked on making it go away. this mouth problem is somthing i can see with my eyes.. i see it. its right infront of me. i can look at it and know somthing is wrong. my mouth is in very bad condition and if it wasnt for me being so broke trying to get all of this stuff sorted for the australian goverment .. i would have been checked out ages ago.. but there was no way of me afording it.. infact i am borrowing a good amount of money from a good mate of mine just to see this dentist tomorrow. if i couldnt see it i wouldnt worry about it so much. i dont even know how you guys deal with this. how do you deal with it when you are most certain somthing is wrong with you and there nothing u can do but wait???? i feel like popping pills and sleeping all day and night. then when i find out somthing is wrong pop more and sleep again. this is horrible! i look in my mouth and im most certain theres somthing seriously wrong!! all tho i have no cuts or anything like that ..its just swelling and blisters...every moment of my day im thinking about it.. when i sleep and when i wake up.. ive even started taking Anti D's and since then i feel even worse ! my throat is so dry and its hard to swallow ...:wacko: this has to be the worst part of my life... im only 23 years old and im suffering like this.. its horrible im a 23 year old Chicken its pathetic .. what makes it worse.. is even if there is somthing wrong with me.. its is going to be a million times worse then it should be.. because im going to go down like a cry baby coward :mad:

LeeBee
08-10-08, 11:12
Woah there, Malv (or do you prefer Andrew?). Right. One thing at a time. Firstly, your mouth is getting sorted tomorrow. I know it's hard not to worry in the meantime, but you are getting medical attention and it will be sorted. Focus on the appointment, not on your mouth.

Secondly, stop being so blinking hard on yourself. Oy you, leave Malv alone! He's going through a hard time. You have anxiety. You can't help that. You are not a chicken, or a coward, or any other name you care to call yourself. It is the anxiety that is making you feel this way.

Thirdly, why don't you talk to your dentist tomorrow about getting some proper treatment for your anxiety. They will know about whether there is any way you can get community support or treatment without a big financial outlay, or at least know of someone else that you can talk to about it. Get your money's worth out the dentist, and tap their knowledge of the local health system. Or what about your local citizen's advice bureau? Google it and give them a ring. They will be able to advise you on any charitable organisations that can help immigrants who can't yet get government healthcare. Or they could help you with your immigration case. You can't be left with no money and no healthcare. It's just not fair.

But don't think about all of these things at once, I'd say for tonight just take it easy and focus on your dental appointment.

Take care, love, feel free to post some more. We're here.:hugs:

PS loads of other posters have said that you often get worse before you get better when you start taking meds.

Andyroo
08-10-08, 12:48
Sorry just a burst of anger:mad: this is really getting to me..
right now i feel as good as dead.. it is set in my head this is serious
ive never seem my mouth look this bad before for some reason today i looked at it and saw how bad it really was. i guess seeing weird Growths in my mouth is more scary then feeling little aches in pains because ihave never been this scared. its there physicaly.. there is going to be somthing wrong with me. what happens when your biggest fears come true?:shrug:

Andyroo
08-10-08, 12:53
omg.. i was going threw songs on my computer.. and realised i was picking songs for my funeral i just sort of caught my mind thinking it :wacko: this is bad

Ddcoo
08-10-08, 13:25
Malv, I've been following your threads and just wanted to add my support. I too just had an appointment that scared me stiff, but I got through it and you will too. I am pretty sure as others have said that it will be gum disease and treatable and please do let us all know how you get on at the dentist as we will be thinking of you. Just wish I could do more to help you but we all care here and will support you as best we can. Good luck.

RosieXXX
08-10-08, 15:06
Hello Malv,

All the best for tomorrow. It will be a huge relief for you to have it looked at, and to start some treatment. I am sure it is nothing terrible - try to keep level headed - and reassure yourself knowing you are getting it checked out, and it will be sorted. From what you have described today it sounds like bad gum infection. Good advice from LeeBee - you really should take the opportunity to ask the Dentist about where you can get some help for your anxiety :hugs:

angie3077
08-10-08, 15:31
Hi,

Can I recommend Corsodyl mouthwash, I had a very sore spot in my mouth up near my back top teeth once and used this mouthwash for a few weeks and it worked a treat! Not the best tasting stuff but it really works! Its specially for the treatment of bad gums, ulcers etc.... You can buy it from most places, supermarket, chemist and I even think you can buy it direct from your dentist. Give it a go (assuming you already havn't?)
Angie x