PDA

View Full Version : Totally Freaked Out - Please Help

BusyBee
08-10-08, 08:08
So i had a really good day yesterday in relation to the last 16 weeks i came home from work went for a walk for an hour then i was relaxing watching a bit of Peter Kay to make me laugh and then i had the strangest body sensation which i can only describe as an electric shock that stopped me breathing for a split second and then sent a warm/cold sensation through the whole of my body of course this totally freaked me out and then had a panic attack for 2 bloody hours, so annoyed with myself because i had been doing so well. I have a massive concern over Lung Cancer at the moment, i am a 28 year old smoker and have been sent for chect x ray last week, i am controlling my breathing alot at the moment infact i always control my breathing, could it be related, fearing it may be something serious. I am back to the Doctors on Friday and dont want to mention it cause i am sure they think i am nuts already. I have been taking 10mg of Citalopram for 5 days and so not to imagine side affects i put the leaflet in the bin. Please help has anyone experienced anything like this ??? LOL:weep:

vti2007
08-10-08, 08:40
Hi Busy Bee,

What you are describing is exactly what happens to me when an attack starts. Electric Shock - Hot and Cold and then a sort of internal shaking usually with a slightly light/dizzy head.

If you have been taking Citalopram for 5 days then it is probably side effects. They can make any anxiety you have unbelievably worse for a bit. I truly thought I was gonna die when I started taking them. I couldn't function in any way for days. It was like everything I had wrong for so long suddenly got 10 times worse. It took every last bit of willpower to carry on with them.

You might not be as bad as I was but it very probably is some sort of heightened anxiety cause by the meds. Stick with them they should settle down and start to help soon.

Do you have to stick on 10 or are you going to 20mg?

BusyBee
08-10-08, 09:00
Thank you so much - thought i was going mad - did not want to tell the fella as i have been doing so well. I am sure everyone thinks i have finally lost it.

When it happened to you did it take your breath ???

I am unsure wether it will be increased to 20mg, think we are going to see how i go on 10mg, i am assuming though if she increases the dose i will have to do all this again - something to look forward to then???

LOL x :blush:

vti2007
08-10-08, 09:14
Busybee,

Yes it does take my breath - it's horrible!!

I asked about the dose because most people seem to end up on 20mg and I found it easier to go to 20mg after 4 days rather than the 2 weeks they wanted me to wait. I wanted it all over with asap but if your doc wants you to stick at 10mg then go with that

:)

CONS
08-10-08, 09:15
BusyBee i had this once also,

Was watching a comedy show and laughed until i cried then had my head go all fuzzy and tingly, so i stopped watching lay down in bed and felt sorry for myself with my racing heart.

CONS