PDA

View Full Version : Question about doctors and lips :)

tashbarnes87
08-10-08, 09:45
Hello, how often do you on average go the doctors in a month? I have started to feel embarresed about how often i go and that perhaps he is going to wheel me off lol. I have been going about 3 times a month at the moment as i will literally just sit and worry other wise. I have a swelling on the inside of my lip that isnt a lump but more just a patch of white its been there for at least a year. You can see the swelling if i open my mouth. Its on my lower lip and it doesnt hurt but i bet you can guess what i think it is :) the big C.

aahh - I really want to go bk to the docs and for him to tell me its nothing but as i went a week ago today im scared he will laugh at me. Since i have started worrying i have had all these symptoms back like i used to, feeling like somethings stuck in my throat and constant throat clearing

x

joyce1980
08-10-08, 09:48
Oh well when I was really bad I went 10 times in a matter of months

Please don't feel embarassed as your Dr should know you have anxiety

LeeBee
08-10-08, 09:53
When I had my virus (gosh, everyone must be tired of hearing about that darn thing now :blush:) I was at the doctor nearly once a week for about 6 weeks. I did start to feel embarrassed, but I kept getting different symptoms, wasn't getting any better and really wanted reassurance with blood tests etc. I got it in the end. Go as many times as you need to, I'd say. Maybe talk to your doc about your anxiety, if you haven't already?

tashbarnes87
08-10-08, 09:55
Hello, he knows about my anxiety and he said to me not to sit and worry and to go and see him but still i get embarrassed lol. I will phone now and hopefully wont have to wait 2 weeks like normal

x

thinker_bell
08-10-08, 10:05
hun, it could be an ulcer, a pigment discolouration, a boil, an infection (easily treated with antibiotics) or something else sooo simple its defo not cancer.. so stop worryin get to the docs, who cares how many times you go, thats what theyre there for! the doc will tell you what it is and treat it - or not if its jus something like a birthmark thats just come out.. either way, the doc will be glad you feel you can go to him when youre worried about something ...
xx

anxious
08-10-08, 10:19
Hi there,

have you been to the dentist in the time you have had it? Dentists always check that kind of thing out, so prehaps have a check up there.
I'm sure its fine but once you start worrying about these things they tend to blow up in your mind :hugs:

anx xx

tashbarnes87
08-10-08, 10:20
Thanks thinker_bell i can only describe it as a painless patch of white on the inside of my lip. There is no hard lump or infact any swelling that i can feel with my tongue it just feels like my normal lip- its just there. When i look in the mirror i can see the raised area but i guess it could just be my lips. I thought all lips were symmetrical but i dunno. Its just like every day this week it has been something else to worry myself sick over. A mole that itched a year ago, a area on my lip that i could have had all my life, ulcers, etc etc.

I just was to forget for 1 day

xx

Andyroo
08-10-08, 12:21
it sounds like a small infection. just get it checked out anyways. just to be on the safe side. i would if i could!! now i have a whole mouth full of stupid crap to deal with:mad: