PDA

View Full Version : Electric Shooting Pains To The Head - Do I Need To Worry

reddevil
08-10-08, 10:05
I started a post last week about my headache symptom, which I would to say thank you to all those people who replied.

The headache had vanished, must of gone away for approximately 3 days and it felt good (I felt free).

It was embarrassing but I went to see a doctor again yesterday about my other symptoms, which I was experiencing (joints), which I left his office feeling anxiety free.

It was about 8pm, I got out of the bath then I experienced this electric shooting pain, which appeared to go to the left temple, stopped me in my tracks.

Since this little episode, I'm back to square one, worrying about what these shooting pains are, why and is it a aneurism etc.

It has happened at least half a dozen times, since last night and I'm worried about moving my head or planning the days activities over fear.

The headache is no longer a dull ache, which I went to get checked out last week with my doctor who said nothing sinister there.

This time, it feels little a sharpness headache, feels like a certain nerve is pulsing to the left of the forehead above the eye.

My wife and father have told me to ignore them but it's kind of hard when you experience one of these shooting pains.

I want to ignore it but I'm afraid to do that, sounds daft I guess.

Red

Ddcoo
08-10-08, 14:23
Dear Red, I had sharp stabbing pains going from just above my temple to about ear level, I thought it was a neuralgia pain. It lasted for about 4 to 5 days then went away. I think if you read the SYMPTOMS under the main menu on this site that it will mention that these pains are a common symptom of stress, I am pretty sure I read it there. I have had it on the other side of my head too, but I don't worry about it like I used to now I know its stress related. They are nasty sharp pains though and I was afraid to touch the area as it seemed to make it worse. Hope I have been of some help.

kathyanne
08-10-08, 21:41
I understand what you are saying. I have had, what the GP has called a 'tension headache' for nearly a week. I paniced after 5 days thinking 'brain tumor'. My GP reasured me it was stress but I can't stop thinking about it, so it has little chance of going away. They say relax don't think about it. IF ONLY THEY KNEW HOW DIFFICULT THAT IS AY?... I'm trying really hard to just live with it until it hopefully passes. I haven't slept right for day's.

Good luck

Kathy

reddevil
08-10-08, 21:47
kathy,

Your spot on, my dad and wife keep saying "ignore it, your wasting your life away" but if only he knew how hard it is to ignore our symtoms.

Red

joyce1980
09-10-08, 09:21
Read my old posts about burning sensation in the scalp and head.... I thought i has ms

It's very hard to accept what anxiety can do to the body

berkshiregirl
09-10-08, 14:48
hi,
i think most of us have suffered with these awful stabbing pains and weird sensations in the head i posted recently bout a bubble feeling like something might explode is so scarey and straight away we think something sinister.

people who dont suffer really dont know how hard it is to take your mind off it when in your head you think this is it something is going to happen to me, you then cant sleep cant think about anything and then it all spirals out of control and this is all we can think about, is so hard to tell yourself this is just a pain we all get pains, or have i over strained myself to much or am i just tense which is causing the pain..

i really understand how you feel is awful but unfortunately is a horrid old symptom of our anxiety