PDA

View Full Version : Advice Wanted!

HomerJ
08-10-08, 13:36
Hi Guys,
Joined a while ago but have not posted I know bad me...:doh:
Ok folks I would gladly receive anyones input on the following...:emot-drums:
I have been a long term GAD/Agoraphobic, I was on med in the early days, you know the Benzos.. I ended up on Lorazepam and it wiped 15 years off my life...:eek: but I have been off them now for nearly 18 yrs.
Things have been OK till early this year, I lost both my Mother and Mother in Law last year within a couple of months, and frankly did not have the time to grieve properly. I then started keeping irregular hours and lack of sleep and to much caffine etc..:shades:
Early this year I had a bad cold and I ended up with a bad case of Vertigo, around that time I also experienced one eye kind of being stuck!!! I could see ok but would not move in its socket. The Optician says my eyes are OK and healthy could be a one off or having Ophthalmic Migraine..
Anyway after that I started having terrible Panic Attacks, General Anxiety and Health Anxieties. My GP has referred me to a CBT Therapist for a 'Top Up' Course. This is done by the Therapist phoning and mailing etc. My Anx. levels have settled a bit and whereas I was having reall bad days I now have Good days days when its manageable and occasionally bad bouts of acute anxiety.
They have now offered me Citalopram :scared15: After all these years of being off meds. I am very very very reluctant to go back on them considering how long I have been off them also possible side effects and duration of possibilly being on them!:ohmy:
What i would appreciate if anyone here could give me input on how I can cope with using Natural Methods etc. rather than Prescription Meds.
When I have good days I am good, I cartoon and when on my board I am a-ok... reasonably healthy and fit.
Looking forward to hear folks input, thanks in advance :grouphug:

pinkpiglet
08-10-08, 14:05
Hi there!
Jeeze! you've certainly been through the mill havent you? I can't give you much advice about the meds only that you are the only one who knows what is good for you. If you don't feel right about taking the meds then speak to your doctor and see if they can suggest any natural remedies which might help you. My mum has been addicted to benzo's for 33 years (since i was born) & they have ruined her life, so the fact that you got off them is an amazing achievment. WELL DONE! Wether you go back on them or not is down to you and wether you feel they will benefit you in the short and long term or not!!
Take care and take a hug.................:bighug1: xxx