Why ?

kairen
31-05-05, 14:47
i used to be affraid to go to bed but desperately wanted to sleep,

slept on settee at night for months,

kairen x

mumof4
31-05-05, 15:08
i used to be scared of going to sleep and never waking up but now im okay i go to sleep easy now.

i went to the doctor and told her this and she said it very unusal to go to sleep and not wake up that esaed my mind.

seh1980
31-05-05, 15:28
I love sleeping but do get anxious in bed sometimes as my mind wanders. Watching tv in bed helps me..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
31-05-05, 22:25
I used to fear sleeping as used to wake up in major panic attacks. Why do you fear it. Please talk and tell us more so we can help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

leo05
17-06-05, 14:45
dont really know it just sudenly started last april well i mean it got worse as at least i would be able to sleep for longer that 3 hours with out worring that something bad was going to happen

Hellion44
24-06-05, 18:12
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i have a fear of sleeping

I used to have that and still do but not as bad. I used to thik that if I went to sleep then I wudnt be able to wake up in the morning. I was so afraid that I would die in my sleep. But then I told myself that if I said every prayerI could think of before I fell asleep then God would let me survive the night so now I have to do this every night and trust me when you're really tired it's a really hard thing to do!![|)] I even have a little ritual I always do or else I think I might die! It involves kissing the tissue box next to my bed and blowing a kiss at the ceiling lol! I know it sounds crazy but it helps! xx Pls tell me anyone if they feel the same xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by leo05 - 31 May 2005 : 12:50:51</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

HELEN! xx

Hellion44
24-06-05, 18:13
sorry that wasnt meant to be a quote lol

HELEN! xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by Hellion44 - 24 June 2005 : 17:12:21</div id="right">

HELEN! xx

leo05
25-06-05, 14:14
its ok helen i understand what you mean by rituals but doesn't make any easier for me to sleep

seh1980
25-06-05, 14:36
Have you tried a relaxation CD before bed? :D

leo05
25-06-05, 14:42
yeah they make me go in to a trance like state then i relax then sleep for about 20 mins then am a wake all night

leo05
30-06-05, 17:06
im thinking of seeing if i can get some sleeping pills but am unsure if it is worth it - i mean having to relay on pills to help me sleep what do you all think?

kairen
01-07-05, 10:32
Hi Loe,

I only ever once took sleeping tablets and felt so groggy the next day it was awful maybe you should ask you doctor about it

kairen x

leo05
01-07-05, 13:50
yeah thanks think i will if dont get any better nxt wk

leo05
05-07-05, 17:45
i think my body is stupid as the more i try to sleep i can't!

but when i get more than two hours i feel horrible

so i just dont know if i should bother to sleep

tried takin kalms but they dont help just make it worse :(

michelleann
21-07-05, 18:14
I ALSO HAVE A PHOBIA OF SLEEPING I THINK IT STEMS FROM MY NANNA SHE DIED IN HER SLEEP, GRANTED SHE WAS OLD BUT THAT DOES,NT STOP THE THOUGHTS! SOMETIMES I WAKE UP AND MY HEART IS BEATING SO FAST I DARENT GO BACK TO SLEEP,I THINK ITS THE WHOLE ANXIETY/PANIC THING FOR ME WHICH I AM SLOWLY GETTING BETTER[8D]
MICHELLE XXX

seh1980
21-07-05, 18:50
hi Leanne,

I sometimes have problems with sleeping too. I find that the trick is to get tired in bed doing things that you enjoy like reading, sewing, watching tv, etc. Another thing, lots of people sit in a room with lots of lights on and then say they can't sleep. When bedtime comes around, turn off all big lights as this will automatically make you more tired..

Sarah :D

leo05
25-07-05, 15:22
thanks i sit in dark as i dont like the light but have my tv on cause dont like silence cause thats when i think and hate that maybe i should just never sleep again

seh1980
25-07-05, 16:17
Hi Leanne,

There are lots of different ways that people get to sleep. I find that reading till my eyes are so tired that they close helps me. TV in bed also helps, warm milk, etc..

Sarah :D

leo05
25-07-05, 16:26
thanks its worse cause thats when the voices are most likly to appear

helen__w
25-07-05, 23:15
Hi Leanne

I have always had a fear of sleeping since I was a child. But I overcame it by putting my tv on timer, and I put a friends, or similar funny dvd on...and because I'm familiar with it I don't concentrate on it and I end up sleeping really quickly often with a smile. I put the sound on loud enough to hear but not too loud to keep me awake! I find it stops my mind wandering and I get to sleep really quickly now.

I find if I just put the tv on I end up watching whatever is on which means I'm awake longer, if you have a dvd player or video in your room try putting a comedy on or something you know really well and are comfortable with and see if that helps.

Take care

Helen x

sal
26-07-05, 00:53
Hi Leanne

I am not afraid of sleep but i do understand how hard the nights can be when you cant or dont want to sleep.

I normally stay up late so if you ever want to talk just text me hun. Dont do it alone as you know we are all here to support you like you have helped many on here.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

leo05
26-07-05, 16:13
thanks sal and helen

yeah maybe i will take up your advice but i dont like been a pain too others

helen__w
28-07-05, 01:45
Hi Leanne

I was just wondering if you are ok and if you have had any luck sleeping?

Take care

Helen x

leo05
28-07-05, 15:59
hi slept couple hours last nite how are you ?

helen__w
28-07-05, 16:22
Hi - glad you got some sleep last night I hope you manage to get a bit more ton. Maybe you could try a self-hypnosis CD just before you go to bed, I am using a Glen Harold one for fears and phobias which seems to be helping me a bit

Helen x

leo05
28-07-05, 16:29
i use rest and relaxation helps sometimes but then i snap out of it and am even more awake

helen__w
28-07-05, 16:36
you must be so frustrated because you have tried so much and nothing seems to be helping.

Have you thought of seeing a hypnotherapist? I dont know much about it but it might be better than taking sleeping tablets which can mess up your system a bit.

Helen x

alexis
28-07-05, 16:49
Hi Leo, I know what a pain it is not to be able to sleep, as few people on here will tell you i am often here until very late (or should I say early morning) and then up early for work.
i have tried everything too and I just look at it now as , "This is me"I will sleep again one day, I have been so obsessed with it in the past Ive made myself worse, so I feel for you and I hope you get some sleep soon, Take care, what about a good book/
love Alexis,xx

leo05
28-07-05, 16:52
helen yeah but not sure what they are all about

alexis wish i had pc to use at night i am considering giving up on sleep althoghter

i can read two sometimes three a night none that i am intersted in at mo