PDA

View Full Version : Superfast Moles

fredsplanet
09-10-08, 01:34
Hi everyone I'm new to this so please bear with me.

Well I'm freaked out! I am on a long holiday in Bulgaria, (yes retired), but with no actual doctor to go and see down the road, I am concerned about really fast growing moles on the inside of one arm. 2 days ago I noticed 3 itchy lumps like a nat bite and just thought that was what it was but in just 2 days I now have 2 moles ontop of the areas and now another 4 itchy like nat bites starting as well. Talk about starting to panic, I'm worried sick. The moles are now between 2 to 3mm in diameter well raise ontop of what looks like a bite area, itchy like hell, and light brown now already, with the others going the same way, and no doc out here, I'm reading everything into it. Any help or advice would be welcome. Just for the record no I have not been sun bathing, I have stayed in the shade like a hermit. Someone please help!!

Fred

Ddcoo
09-10-08, 09:34
Dear Fred, with the speed at which your "moles" are appearing, I doubt very much whether it is anything like cancer, they are more likely to be some form of insect bite. In the UK at the moment we have an awful lot of mosquitos, they do not normally go for me, but they have had a good feed of my legs this year.
I know you say there is no access to a doctor where you are, but perhaps there is a good chemists locally, they would probably put your mind at rest.
Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

LeeBee
09-10-08, 09:38
Hi Fred, are you sure that they are moles and not bites of some kind? The fact that you have a cluster of them, they've come up so quickly (within hours, effectively) and that they're so itchy point towards them being some kind of insect bite, sting or maybe something fungal? Melanoma can come up fast, but in weeks/months rather than days, I think. Also, a melanoma that aggressive would probably be very dark in colour rather than light brown? Your skin can go brownish or red, I think, if you're having a reaction to something. If you can't get any medical attention, maybe you could take photos of them and email to someone in the UK who could take them to a GP? Maybe you could try some over-the-counter antihistamine cream or tablets, if you have any, see if that calms it down.