PDA

View Full Version : Ovary Pains

CarolBook
09-10-08, 10:14
Hello everyone

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm so glad that I've found out that other people panic as much as I do when I get pains.

I think most of my worry stems from the fact my Mum died a couple of years ago from Pancreatic Cancer and hers wasn't detected until it was too late to treat effectively.

My problem is with my ovaries. I normally get pain on ovulating, but a few months ago, I had constant lower stomach pain - this lasted for a few weeks, continuing right through a period. It eventually went away, so I assumed I'd had some sort of infection.

However, I'm still getting pain in my right ovary which is similar to the ovulation pain.

A couple of nights ago (and sorry to sound coarse) I passed a very hard poo, and which made my ovary hurt more, then a few minutes afterwards I was in excruciating pain - so much so that I couldn't sit, stand or lie down comfortably and literally had to writhe around (I'm normally quite good with pain, and this was really really bad). Luckily it went off after 15 mins or so, but I've been left with a small amount of pain in my right ovary again - it feels like it's infected as it's throbbing pain rather than achy pain.

I've googled (like everyone does) and panicked about ovarian cancer etc, but I feel symptoms are more like an ovarian cyst.

Has anyone ever had one of these and suffered similar symptoms

Thanks so much

Carol

honeybee3939
09-10-08, 20:05
Hi Carol

Im sorry i cant help you but i hope one of our kind members can offer advice hun.

I just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here:hugs: .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

sheba2
09-10-08, 22:47
Hi Carolbrook

firstly welcome aboard. Secondly I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I am currently being monitered for ovarian cysts. Just over two months ago I had a CT scan as I have a form of arthritis and the consultant wanted to do a full check on everything. I was really shocked to find out I had cysts on my ovaries and a mass on the liver. The liver thing turned out to have disappeared by the time I had the next scan a few weeks later. I also had loads of cancer detecting blood tests which was very scary but luckily all came back normal.

Up to them finding the cysts I have never experienced any pain other than mild period pains just before I was due on. But as soon as I knew that I had cysts I had sharp pain both over the ovaries and low down in my back. This pain and a sort of strained feeling has stayed with me over the last two months and I was convinced the cysts were growing. Well today I had to go for an ultrasound scan to have them measured and checked. The pain before going was still there and I felt quite tender. The scan was painless and guess what the cysts have gone. The pain has nearly gone too now so I imagine that it was caused by the stress.

In your post you say that you have had problems with passing stools it seems much more likely that the pain you are feeling is related to this rather than your ovaries. Irregular bowel habits are also one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. Do you have any reason to suspect ovarian cysts or is it something you are just frightened of.

If you are still in pain then you should go and get checked by your gp I'm sure he will be able to check for both cysts and bowel probs but it is likely that you are fine. Good luck

Allye
09-10-08, 22:57
Yes I have an ovarian cysts on one ovary (I lost my mum to ovarian cancer) so it always causes anxiety. They come and go and they do produce similar pains to what you describe. They are harmless though but I suggest you get them checked out by a doctor. They are very common.