PDA

View Full Version : Back to work!!!! Not as bad as I thought!!!!

josiepickle
31-05-05, 18:51
Hi Everyone,
Thanx for all your support wishing me well for today.
Woke up this morn thinking HELP!!!! I can't do it.
Well it turns out oh yes I can.
Got into work early and caught up with all the gos, and then burst into tears as I felt so overwhelmed by everyones support. (silly moo)
First job of the day was to take a clients blood, could'nt believe she was gonna let me near her armed with a needle. Well apparantley its like riding a bike sub conscious took over and did the job just by habit I think!!! Half way thru the day I thought s**t I want to go home, my chest was tight, I was coughing that stupid cough I've got at the mo and generally getting in a right old pickle but I took some deep breaths, went in the loo and gave myself a good talking to in the mirror and got on with it. It was'nt easy and I'm sure I will have some crappy days but this one is over and tomoro I'll start again hopefully with the same attitude, we'll see.
Anyway I'm home now safe and sound.
Just one thing I still want to be reassured that these tingly feelings in my lower left arm and my hands is ok and not a heart attack or worse,(I've had it for a couple of days) also I feel abit whooshy but will have something to eat and see how I go.
I am truly grateful for all your positivity, and look forward to reading more from you all.
Thanks guys
Jo xxxxxxxxxx

carlin
31-05-05, 19:00
Hi Jo,
What a day! you done so well, as you say eat a little something (you know the rules about food!) and you will be fine, if not a little exhausted after the day you've had. As for the tingling, i can assure you that this is due to anxiety/tension, i have it very ofen, and i know now it has nothing to do with heart attacks and the suchlike, have a relaxing night and congratulate yourself on a good days work!!!!! well done you!

Meg
31-05-05, 19:05
Well done Jo ..

Amazing how we cope when put into difficult situations.. and then they get easier.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
31-05-05, 19:39
Well done Jo

I am so pleased that it went ok and you survived. I bet that has been a load off your mind to know that you CAN do it.

Good luck for the rest of the week as well.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

florence
31-05-05, 20:41
Hi Jo

Well done for managing so well today, this tingly feelings in your arm and hands are certainly anxiety related, nothing to worry about.
You did really well. :)

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

tracyp584
31-05-05, 21:02
Hey Jo,

Well done for today!!

tracy x x

Karen
31-05-05, 22:14
Well done Jo.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
31-05-05, 22:21
Hi Jo

Well done you for doing so well.

Hope i can take a lead from you as i am due back in the morning.

It is good when your colleagues welcome you back in such a nice way but also overwhelming.

But you did it and coped and that just shows how well you are doing. Hope it continues for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

henri
31-05-05, 22:31
hey jo,
well done, sounds like you did great!
as you say, there will be good days and bad but the point is that you have proved to yourself that you are strong and can handle whatever the day throws at you.
go girl!
henri x

pips
01-06-05, 23:35
Hi Jo,

A big WELL DONE to you hun you did so well! Even though you felt bad at one point you still managed to stick it out! Big thumbs up to you! Keep up the good work!

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

sal
02-06-05, 00:33
Hi Jo

Hope it is still going okay for you and you are still doing as well as you were.

Great news and wish you the best of luck.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

SickofIt
05-06-05, 06:24
Great news. I'm glad things are going so well for you. Keep up the good work.