PDA

View Full Version : crunching neck

worrier1
09-10-08, 12:01
hi,
can someone please help.
if i get my hands either side of my larynx/addams apple throat area and gently push it from left to right, it makea a grating/ crunching/popping feeling. is this normal? I'm getting really freaked out about it!

joyce1980
09-10-08, 12:07
totally normal, I am testing that for you right now, eew feels weird too

Trixie
09-10-08, 12:11
hi,
can someone please help.
if i get my hands either side of my larynx/addams apple throat area and gently push it from left to right, it makea a grating/ crunching/popping feeling. is this normal? I'm getting really freaked out about it!

Why did you do it in the first place?

joyce1980
09-10-08, 12:14
That's the strange thing about anxiety, it's as if your brain wants you to find something you are unsure about so you can worry.

Body checking is very hard to stop

worrier1
09-10-08, 13:05
just came across it. I think I was itching my neck and it crunched then thought OMG!! then became obsessed!!

is a burning tongue a symptom of anxiety? mine burns like mad when I get a bit stressed! I can reduce the burning by trying to calm myself down!

anxious
09-10-08, 13:55
mine burns like mad when I get a bit stressed! I can reduce the burning by trying to calm myself down!
I think you just answered your own question there :)

I really can't believe someone else gets that crunch in their neck, i noticed it ages ago and spent a good week worrying about it. I must have forgotton until now:D

love anx xx

hcsmgb
15-10-08, 10:58
I first noticed it about a week ago too. Good to hear I'm not alone :) :)