PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all sufferers

kathyanne
10-10-08, 00:11
:weep: Hi I'm Kathy & very new to this site.

I have suffered from health anxiety for the past several years now. Anything from a spot to a lump is, in my mind, cancer. In between these times I lead a fairly normal life, when I get a syptom my life is then a living hell.

Reading through the site has made me realise I am not alone, which is comforting in a sad way, some many people are struggling just to live.

Kathyx

Cathy V
10-10-08, 00:17
Hi Kathy, welcome to nmp

Best wishes
Cathy V xxx :welcome:

kathyanne
10-10-08, 00:18
Hi again, i am struggling at the mo with headaches which my GP has said 'it was a migraine but is now a tension type headache'. It has been going on for a week, the longer it goes on the worse i feel, confirming for me, that i have a brain tumor.

I have put myself through hell for 7 days, had 24/7 panic attacks, nightmares, can't sleep, can't eat, can't cope.... I feel so ill because I seem to punish myself in the process. Why oh why does this happen everytime I get a syptom. The GP has now said that she worry's that when I do get something wrong with me she won't know if it's really something serious or not.... That just added to my problem, I came out feeling suicidal...

Anyone feel the same. My head still hurts, I know the GP is right, but in my head something plays tricks constantly telling me the GP is wrong and I should go for a scan.

I think it's called 'a fear of living', well that's what it feels like.

Kathy

keepemlaughing
10-10-08, 00:18
Welcome Kathy, you will find lots of support and encouragement here!
Sheryl

Missy69
10-10-08, 09:26
Hiya Kathy,
I am very much like yourself, i dont get headaches i get brain tumours, cancer ect... anything but a simple headache.
This week, my grand daughter, my daughter, my daughter in law, my husband all got a really bad sickness bug, they all caught it from my grandaughter. Then two days ago i got it, i didnt have a sickness bug, well i did, but the bug reached my heart, i was dying !!!!!!! It couldnt be just a simple bleedin stomach bug for me !
I took a risk, with all the evidence infront of me, and they were all feeling better, i just decided i was going to treat it for what it was, and do you know what, it was just the same sick bug they had, i didnt need to put myself through anymore than that.
I suppose my point is, when other folks have a headache, they take a pill and away it goes, this is because they are planning on it going and not giving it another thought. Its just about retraining your behaviuor whilst feeling bad, accepting it for what it really is, just a headache.
The reason ours doesnt go, is because the second its there, we add more and more tension thinking the worst, so how can it relax and just simply go away like other peoples do.
Just try to see it for what it is, i get some form of headache every day with being tense or anxious, just another symptom you have to learn to relax through.
Hope you feel better soon, Take care

jodie
10-10-08, 13:53
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

i to have ha and anx i am the same when there is anything wrong(bad head ,spot glands )i think cancer ect .i know how hard it is to live like that and how normal you feel when your not worrying then it kinda come,s back and hits you
take a look around the site there is lots of nice ppl and lotd of good advice

jodie xx

lorac
10-10-08, 14:26
Hi Kathy

Welcome to the site, you will find many on here who understand what you are going through and you will get some good support.

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
10-10-08, 16:04
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

milly jones
10-10-08, 20:04
a really warm welcome to no more panic

love from milly xxxx

pooh
10-10-08, 23:28
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

kellie
10-10-08, 23:42
Hiya, welcome to Nmp its great to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

kathyanne
11-11-08, 23:31
Thank you to all the messages you sent to me. I was overwelmed with them. It really does count when you read how other people are feeling. Families are great but they just don't get it do they. I don't hold that against them unless you've had it it's hard to understand it.

Love to all of you, bless you..xx

weeble40
13-11-08, 00:20
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
13-11-08, 09:39
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

titch
13-11-08, 12:32
Welcome along to nmp...xxxxx

spaced
14-11-08, 00:10
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site