PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxina (Dobupal)- any experience of this?

Nicomi
10-10-08, 11:55
:yesyes: Hi there

I was on Citalopram last year, came off it in April as I was so much better. I've been going steadily down hill over the summer and it has all now come to a head. I am in a bit of a state now and have seen the doctor today. I have been referred for CBT but there is a 3 month waiting list so he has prescibed Venlafaxina (Dobupal) so help me in the meantime.
I have never heard of these and will be googling to see what I could find but just wondered if anyone out there has any experience of them - would liek to hear lots of positive things lol.

When I first went onto Citalopram I had horrible side effects for about 10 days then settled down nicely and they really helped but I did put on 2 stone and I am paranoid about my weight having lost lots of weight 5 years ago.

Any comments greatly appreciated

Yvonne
10-10-08, 18:36
You get horrible side effects from most anti depressants. As you said though, after a couple of weeks the side effects normally wear off.

Don't go talking yourself into expecting really bad side effects because sometimes we can create things in our mind and we can worsen our anxiety by doing that.

I think you will be fine on the venlaflaxine, you get some headaches and I trembled a lot but it did pass. Don't worry just get on the med and hopefully you will feel better soon.