PDA

View Full Version : social anxiety,alcohol and weight

nectar
10-10-08, 13:04
hi all, i am new to this site. looks great!so a bit about my anxiety. started with eating disorders when i was 18...borderline annorexia...then got to uni and starting bingeing...put on load of weight and got really depressed. went to docs and put on anti-depressants and saw a therapist. anxiety started in final year after a messy break up. was REALLY bad for a while...felt totally spaced out everytime i left my house, couldnt answer phone or get a job etc. eventually braved moving to london...struggled with holding down a job (as i still am) but managed to have a few jobs. going out is still a struggle. i can do it and everyone thinks i am confident but inside i feel horrendous and ALWAYS have to get p****d to try and enjoy myself. now trying to find work that isnt office based as hate doing phone calls in public. struggle with dating/getting into relationships cos i always have to drink...not a good look! live in surrey now. am 28years old. been dealing with this for 10years now...10 years!!anyway, would love to meet fellow sufferers and see how you are coping and what helps. i am on prozac...its def helped but still got a way to go. take care xx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

bottleblond
10-10-08, 13:31
Hi Nectar

Welcome to NMP!

So many here with similar problems as yourself hun so i hope you meet lots of lovely new friends.

Love Lisa
x

Missy69
10-10-08, 13:35
:yesyes: :yesyes: Welcome Nectar :yesyes: :yesyes:

marie1974
10-10-08, 13:52
hello and welcome to nmp, you will meet lots of lovely people here and find great advice and support too. hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

lorac
10-10-08, 14:24
Hi Nectar

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
10-10-08, 15:57
Hi Nectar,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

milly jones
10-10-08, 20:08
a really warm welcome to no more panic

love from milly xxxx

pooh
10-10-08, 23:26
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

kellie
10-10-08, 23:43
Hiya, welcome to Nmp its great to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

moonlighta
11-10-08, 00:08
HI NECTAR,
am new to this site but can identify with your problems although I'm a bit older than you. I'm on Prozac to, but know how you feel.
XX Much loveXX