PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...

skye
10-10-08, 13:15
Hi,

Sooo i'm new here, what an amazing site, just reading through some of the other threads has helped so much.
Where to begin..im 26 and i'm a bloody nightmare! i worry myself sick about everything. I have suffered from anxiety since my teens, mostly though i kept it under control but its got worse recently and come back with a vegence. i went to the doctor the other week convinced i was dying of lung cancer and i felt like i couldnt take a deep breathe, kept yawning my whole body was tense i gotmyself in such a state and my doc was like "panic attacks" there is nothing wrong with you blah blah now part of me knows that i should believe the doc and i felt releieved but the other part of me that smoke 15-20 ciggs a day for the last 8 years is like...hhmm what if shes wrong??

The smoking i guess is my main worry...i smoke a lot i know that and i have never stopped in 8 years...the doctor told me 8 years was nothing and she would only be worried if i had been smoking for 40 years for lung cancer copd etc but im still sure i have asthma or something. Always phlemy yesterday nearly had a panic attack in bloody blovkbusters because i couldnt cleasr my chest i was dry coughing and had this rasttling sound when i breathed. scared the crap out of me - actually thought about goign to A&E...so of course today i have been googling bloody rattling cough which told me all about the "death rattle" jezzzuss....

My other problem (i change my mind what to worry about weekly) is heart attack. I spend my days worrying about my nights...i read like 60% of heart attacks happen in the nigth and people just dont wake up...now this is my biggest fear, so i spend my days googling crap and worrying myself absolutly sick. I get pains in my chest and the last 2 days i have had this awful ache in my left shoulder. i actually was surprised when i woke up this morning. God how mad does that sound?!
I know im stupid...so what are the chances of a 26 year old dropping dead (okay nearly 27) im a good weight, maybe actually slightly too skinny dont drink much couple of glasses of wine here and there, but i smoke like a trooper...
Any advice would be hugely appreciated just some kind words wopuld make me feel sooo much better, im already worrying about tonight....
Thanks so much

bottleblond
10-10-08, 13:29
Hi Skye

Lol, jings you sound like me!

Welcome along!! Oh and STOP googling :doh:

Love Lisa
x

Andyroo
10-10-08, 13:33
well i used to smoke as well.. and i was always worried about lung cancer.. and just like you.. i was going to the doctor about it...and trust me i went to him alott about it.. he told me smoking makes us more aware of our breathing.. and heaps of smokers cough if he is sure you dont have lung cancer believe him and maybe work on quitting smoking:hugs: other wise you will always thing of getting lung cancer.. infact i had the biggest scare of my life .. thats the reason i quit they found somthing on my lungs.. i was worried sick for weeks.. turns out i was lucky and it was just scare tissue
.. anyways yes smoking makes you more aware of your breathing. so you notice the little things ofcourse.. i used to panic myself into thinking i couldnt breath.. infact that was my first panic attack. it was caused by my health anxiety making me thing i had lung cancer.. i was in the back of a taxi and felt faint .. it was horrible.. he rushed me to the hospital.. because he didnt know what was going.. nor did i.. it was crazy we thought i was having a heart attack lol:scared15: anyways turns out it was just a really bad panic attack .. the worst i ever had .. lol

ps. sorry for the whole life story:roflmao:

Missy69
10-10-08, 13:36
:yesyes: :yesyes: Welcome Skye :yesyes: :yesyes:

jodie
10-10-08, 13:45
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

i read through your post please dont think you are stupid your not at all .
i have ha and belive me i worry about every thing from my heart to gland and so on.
there is lots of help and good advice on this site so stick about and have a look round

jodie xxxx

marie1974
10-10-08, 13:50
hi and welcome to nmp, u will get heaps of advice and support here and meet new mates too. hugs xxxxxxxxxx

lorac
10-10-08, 14:23
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

skye
10-10-08, 14:32
ah thanks so much for your nice messages, great to meet you all and im already feeling better about everything. Oh and i havnt googled in at least (looks at watch) 2 hours lol. x

yanksforever
10-10-08, 16:20
Skye googling is misleading. (oh and welcome to NMP btw =-) ) I googled and thought I had lung cancer too! I also have that breathing issue right now and I also get dry coughs (I have had t hat for at leats 6 years now). The breathing thing with me however only started with my health anxiety.

Stay on this site and keep reading. Eventually you're gonna get so much better. You're oK! No lung cancer bro/sis. You could quiet smoking however, it doesn;t; actually help anyone! But you dont have lung cancer and you're too young to die like that. Your heart is fine.