PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

stevejohnson
10-10-08, 14:43
Hi I'm new to the website. Bit of a history. Diagnosed with type2 duabetes a year ago. Got very anxious about it so so what I was told. Changed diet, reduced alcohol, stopped smoking, took up execise and lost 2.5 stome. Then got ill with duodenal ulcers (since cured) but got myself into an anxiety state and depression. Have been on various antidepressants starting with 1 day on Citralapine ( it sent me into a series of major anxiety attacks) followed by 1 month on Diazapan and on Prothiden (which had worked when I last got depressed 20 years ago.

Got better for a while but then seemed to regress and got very low. Ended up in hospital for a week and put on Mirtazapine and Stelazine. Again I seemed to improve for a while and started back at work but then went downhill again.

Currently feel desparate. I have been back to CPN, who in consultation with physchiatrist stopped stelazine, but kept mirtazapine (30ml) and started me on pregabelin which can be used for GAD as well as pain management. As of today, I ain't gone into work ( I'm a senior manager in a very demanding job) and suffering from almost constant background anxiety with an inability to sleep and getting panicky when I can't do so. Am trying everything, including paying for counselling and despaerately hoping the pregabelin will work quickly (they reckon 7 days) Any thoughts from anybody who has been where I am. Also anybody tried pregabelin as it is new for GAD and there isn't much in the threads.:scared15:

Missy69
10-10-08, 14:52
:yesyes: :yesyes: Welcome Steve :yesyes: :yesyes:

titch
10-10-08, 15:27
:welcome: to nmp hun...you will find all the help and suppot you need here..this site has helped me alot and im sure i will do the same for u!!:yesyes: :hugs: xxx