PDA

View Full Version : introduction re my health anxieties

pink
10-10-08, 20:00
hi everyone,
just posted message but wanted to say I so so so understand how everyones feeling. Suffer from awful health anxiety. Worrying really really bad at minute. Been getting nosebleeds since my nan passed away in january. had my nose cauterized 3 week ago, still getting the odd bleed, but am coughing bit of blood up in morning, trying to believe this just what may be going down my nose with it still healing in the night, but I always think the worse. Also since had my nose done, had near constsnt ringing in my ear. Am honestly going mad, its all I can think about, for over week and half, its not stopped. Awaiting chest xray results. Am so so scared. Been like this in the past so many times, I can't even remember, worse was probably when I convinced myself I could be HIV + because my glands were swollen, had test and everything, and it thank goodness turned out to be nothing. Honest I don't know how to stop this. Hope everyones ok, am here if anyone wants to talk
pink xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

diybabe
11-10-08, 08:47
Hi
Pink try not too worry, im sure your chest xrays will be fine. I am almost certain the blood you are coughing up is from your nose problem, what a nuisance for you, if the bleeds continue you might just need a bit more cauterizing. take care and try not to worry.

LeeBee
11-10-08, 08:56
Hi Pink - has your doctor monitoring your progress since the cauterization, and explained whether or not to expect the bleeding you're experiencing at the moment? I'm sure it's going to be fine, and your chest x-ray too, your doctor should be able to reassure you. Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

Andyroo
11-10-08, 08:56
hey pink i often get nose bleeds! one time i coughed and i saw abit of blood!! i was like omg lung cancer!! the doctors laughed at me :weep: said nope thats from your sinuses:blush:

HeatherMc
11-10-08, 11:54
Pink

Don't worry about the nose bleeds my twenty year old son has been getting them for years, he has even woke up to find he has had one in the night, I went into him i one morning and it was horrible it looked like something dreadful had happened he is very blaise about it and they don't worry him apart from getting one in work once when he said he was more embarassed than anything.

Try not to worry hunny, I know sometimes its like trying to empty the ocean with a teaspoon but take care and look after yourself.

Heather

amu
12-10-08, 09:41
Hi! I always used to think I am coughing up blood in the morning, but that was because of my nose bleeding a little during the night. I always have nosebleeds when the air is too dry in the room when the heating is on and I never get them during the summer. Hope you feel better x

pink
13-10-08, 13:58
hi everyone,
thankyou so much for your replys, can't believe that I was lucky enough to find this website. Have felt so alone, like its a secret I've got to hide. Still feeling pretty low and scared, not heard anything back from docs, think be later this week. Can't stop myself googling about it all. Almost convinced myself got cancer of the nose, it all makes sense. had constant tinnitus too for past 2 weeks, getting me down.
everythings building up again, I can feel it. My husbands getting angry because he knows what am feeling. Only my mum understands and shes ill herself, MS in a wheelchair. got to be strong but fed up with feeling constantly sick with nerves about everything. Sorry for going on
when will it end???