PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Panic causing nervous breakdowns

Natural Mystic
10-10-08, 20:06
Is this possible? Has anyone ever heard of it happening?

I guess like all of you my worst fear is losing my mind. When I have what I "think" are depersonalisation moments I really feel I'm going and have to seriously mentally pull myself back to sanity/reality. Because I have to do that (it doesn't happen often, maybe several times sine my "illness" started) I fear that on one occasion I won't be able to.

Am I making any sense to anyone

Veronica H
11-10-08, 11:29
Yes this makes sense, but the thought that one day you will not be able to pull yourself back is just another ' what if ' which is a real feature of this illness. Try to accept it as such. (I know easier said than done).
:bighug1:
Veronica

gtrgrl3369
11-10-08, 14:23
Take it from someone who has lost there mind once. You can come back and will if it happens. It is most unlikly though. I let myself fall off the deep end. I was to tired to fight anymore. I will never do it again. I am stronger than I thought and fought hard, I came back. What ifs are the worst and remember they usually never happen, its just ours minds having a field day again. Take care.

Ozpanic
12-10-08, 02:22
Take it from someone who has lost there mind once. You can come back and will if it happens. It is most unlikly though. I let myself fall off the deep end. I was to tired to fight anymore. I will never do it again. I am stronger than I thought and fought hard, I came back. What ifs are the worst and remember they usually never happen, its just ours minds having a field day again. Take care.

That's it, them damn what if's..we are strong no matter how bad it gets.:shrug: