PDA

View Full Version : Light Therapy

clickaway
01-06-05, 19:20
Wasn't sure where to post this question, but could be a top tip for some?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using Light Therapy using lighboxes if they suffer from S.A.D. as part of their anxiety.

I am certainly worse in the winter months and even on grey days at this time of year!

They are not that cheap to buy, but I'd be interested to look into them further if they could make my life better.

Cheers

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

seh1980
01-06-05, 19:33
hi Ray,

I have never tried this but sounds like a good idea to me. It is true that we need the sun to be happy. This is proven by the high rates of depression and suicide in Scandanavia in the winter when the sun doesn't even come out!! I'd give it a go if I had the chance!!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

whitbywitchuk
06-05-08, 01:15
There seems to be an epidemic of vit D3 deficiencies, probably because of the cancer scares and total sunblocks. Plus the lack of clear days in the northern hemispheres. We need 20 mins of sun per day to boost it.
Just don't burn yourself but don't be afraid of the sun, get out and enjoy it. D deficiency REALLY upsets your body and psychological condition.
lotsa luv
Dawnx

milly jones
28-05-08, 14:36
i invested in a clock radio with light box that gradually brightens to resemble the sun rise each day.

it is certainly a gentler wake up call than the radio or alarm.

millyx

karen34
07-06-08, 21:44
i bought a light box last yr as in the winter i get more depressed and have little energy sleeping up to 16 hours a day, i think it helped a lot with the energy aspect for me but getting the right length of time using it was tricky as i would read when using it, get carried away reading then have it on too long resulting in me not being tired and up half the night.

halfnormal
17-06-08, 21:54
I actually have begged for this cube in the sun with big windows and mountain views for 2 years.

I said (As a computer tech) I can't work in the dark anymore with all the computer people. Its depressing and hurts my eyes.

Lately I've been very Anxious about my health and noticing afterimages more and funny things in my eyes. (No loss of vision) I went into my boss's office and said " this is f'd up I'm not working anymore in the dark give me the sunny cube or I'm going to HR"

I got it and oh boy its so nice. SUNSHINE!! FINALLY!! Making me feel better all ready!

milly jones
18-06-08, 13:17
just to update, meds helping me sleep and i regularly sleep thru the light awakening me now, hooray xx

milly xx