PDA

View Full Version : is something going to happen to me

berkshiregirl
10-10-08, 21:23
hi all
i have been having these awful thoughts for a couple of days now and wondered if anyone else gets this awful feeling, like something awful is going to happen to you like you might just drop down dead or die in your sleep i know this sounds strange but just feel like i am going to keal over, am sorry it ssounds really silly but i cant get the thought out of my head

yanksforever
10-10-08, 21:38
You won't die. You're not gonna keal over and die just because you're having these thoughts. Your body is not made that weak darling. Also, you are perfectly sane, because you are aware that these are awful thoughts and totally irrational!! This is just your anxiety.

Can you talk to a friend, a family member right now and discuss this? if you don't wanna discuss this with them, perhaps just have any old conversation. It'll make you feel a bit better.

If anything, Im here and you can PM me dear.

berkshiregirl
10-10-08, 21:41
thankyou so much, i cant talk to people about it am sure they thinki am mad, i just a horrible feeling and feels so strange you know that feeling like something good will happen mine feels the oppistie like something bad is so strange

yanksforever
10-10-08, 21:46
When we're anxious, and at our worst with anxiety---our brains go into over drive. Also, anxiety feeds itself with our fears and the more we let it eat us up, the worst we get. I know what you're feeling right now. It's horrible, I won't lie. It does get better.

I wish I could do more. But since having this anxiety- I've added every member of this forum to my prayers and night and I pray so hard we all find some strength. It's in there. We can do it.

When you feel this way, think about yourself as part of a big old family. We're all part of that family. If you're feeling the way you're feeling right now, chances are, someone somewhere close to you, or maybe even far from you is feeling this way too.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo <3<3<3

take care

berkshiregirl
10-10-08, 21:47
thankyou for your kind words

jue67
13-10-08, 12:23
Hi berkshiregirl.
this is my overriding thought as well, its like im so hypersensitive to things, any wrong thought and im dead! this is how my anxiety started and its how it goes when its bad again, distraction distraction distraction, thats my method for dealing with it, that and daring it to get worse and worse and it soon goes away again.

jools

titch
13-10-08, 12:42
I use to get the thoughts all the time..since ive learnt that alot of people on this site get them too i dont seem to get them as much now but when i do i just concentrate on something else..but i o get them a night i get scared i wont wake up lol...your not alone hun...xxx

katiedarling
13-10-08, 18:00
Berkshiregirl,
This is my main cause of anxiety!!! This is exactly what I feel, and this is what makes me feel like I am going to panic. These thoughts that creep into my head, telling me that something is wrong, or something is going to happen. I feel like my body is always on edge, just waiting for that awful thing to happen. Like I feel like it is RIGHT around the corner.....
Its awful. I know exactly how you feel...I really do. No matter how good, or easy life is at the time...I am anticipating some disaster, and it makes me so full blown scared.
Yanks....its so nice to hear that you remember us in your prayers....I do find that comforting. I will do the same, and with different time zones, maybe we will all be covered in prayer, all the time......