PDA

View Full Version : Mental Breakdown

monika
10-10-08, 21:55
I keep fearing im gonna have one. I feel like im gonna scream or freak our or do something insane. EVery time the anxiety hits, i think , oh crap, its happening, im oging mad.

Anyone else ever feel liek this?

berkshiregirl
10-10-08, 21:57
hi monika
yes am like this all the time is a horrifying feeling, the fear you are going to lose it all together, feeling like you are taking on step forward and 10 back is awful

titchjd
10-10-08, 22:02
yes hun i do ....i felt like this 3months ago and had 2 go off sick i just felt i couldnt cope anymore .....its all part of anx hun and believe me u arent cracking up its just your thoughts .

Have u had any CBt or any counselling it really dus help.
also this site will help you so much as you will get help off people like me that are going through the same xx

best wishes m8 and take care xxxxxx

monika
10-10-08, 22:11
Ugh. This is just so hard. Every time i sit down im like, what if i randomly have a mental breakdown now and start freaking out. I've thought about it so much today, im so stressed now. My mind is in a really stressed state. I feel the dp/dr coming. *sigh*

Did you get over it titchjd?

berkshiregirl
10-10-08, 22:17
monika
am sure you will be fine you must try and concentrate on something else and your breathing you will start to feel better, i know it feels awful but it will get better try not to think about it it bloody hard though i know xx

titchjd
10-10-08, 22:23
Hiya ........i will be honest with you i had it in my 20s and it passed quite quickly but my recent episode has been harder but i can say through knowledge of anxiety and what is actually happening and help off here I am learning 2 cope with my thoughts of cracking up and i realise I am not its just my thoughts ..even though they are very distressing they arent lasting aslong as i tell my self this is just a thought and I know im not cracking up .

Have u read Claire weekes books ...i would say get as much knowledge as you can about anxiety it really does help xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yvonne
11-10-08, 18:05
Monika

It is a bit of a mental breakdown in a way when anx is severe. Have you seen your gp for a little reassurance.

Yvonne