PDA

View Full Version : I'm new!!!

moonlighta
10-10-08, 23:47
Hi, I'm new, I've stumbled on this website and thank god I did!
I'm 42 and have suffered anxiety for as long as I can remember. I was 12 or 13 years old and I said to my mum: I'm feeling down and depressed and she replied "don't be stupid, a child your age cannot be depresssed" I suffered in silence for a while, then have been on medication for many years ( currently fluoxetine) I have many more bad days than reasonable and do have suicidal thoughts, but desperately fight this as have been on the receiving end when a very close old family friend comitted suicide a couple of years ago due to health reasons!!
I also have an underactive thyroid ( my doctor has never prescribed such a high dose of thyroxine!) so am constantly tired out which doesn't help.
I'm self employed, so have had to keep working although I am behind with many things - but am desperately trying to catch it all up. Finances has been a problem for a long time and I'm sure added to the anxiety!
It is such a relief to realise that I'm not on my own feeling like this, and there are people who understand how low I feel - thanks to everyone that is or has been in the same place as me.
I feel comforted that there are people out there that feel like I do and I'm not alone, I have lacked someone to talk to who understands.
THANKS GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funky chick
10-10-08, 23:50
Hi and welcome moonlighta to NMP love Gail xx:bighug1:

moonlighta
10-10-08, 23:53
Hi Funky Chick, thanx for the welcome Gail love H (Moonlighta)

pooh
11-10-08, 00:38
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Andyroo
11-10-08, 07:49
hello welcome to nmp :hugs:

titchjd
11-10-08, 09:52
Hiya Moonlighta
welcome 2 NMP you will get lots of advice and support on here

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patty
11-10-08, 12:37
Hi Moonlighta,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much help & information here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

jodie
11-10-08, 13:15
hiya

:welcome: to nmp
jodie x

pinkpiglet
11-10-08, 15:46
Hiya Moonlight, a big fat :welcome: to NMP. x

milly jones
11-10-08, 19:36
wishing you a warm nmp welcome

love milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

moonlighta
12-10-08, 22:14
Hi everyone,
Thanx for all your welcoming messages. For the first time in my life I feel wanted - no joke! I'm watching horse of the year show (sorry I'm a horsy freak!) Can't wait to speak to you all in the chatroom and am so glad that there are people out there like me. I've got to go to put my mum to bed ( I'm principle carer on top of everything else!!!!!) Will probably be back on later but can't wait to speak to people, you make me feel so much better. ThanxXX

titchjd
12-10-08, 22:19
Hiya m8y ......
hope u are having a gud day .....my m8s a horse freak aswell haha always out on her horse ...id rather stick 2 my 2 goldfish hehe x

Wil be gud 2 se u in chat hun and here on the forum .
anytym u have 2 get things off your chest or get advice just post and you will get lots x

u are wanted an now you part of the NMP family hahah x

love and hugs x
Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

moonlighta
12-10-08, 22:33
Thanx titchjd,
Glad to know that you are on side. got to sort the Wicked witch's tablets but then will be back. Just feel so good that there are people out there who feel how I do, or at least understand the way I feel - sorry got to get the medication, be back soon. XXXXX

moonlighta
12-10-08, 22:55
Can't get into the chatroom. can you help?:)