PDA

View Full Version : Ladies only

LisaT
11-10-08, 07:11
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can relate. I woke up yesterday feeling agitated/anxious which kinda set me up for a bad day. Started my period last night and again woke up feeling the same, plus not much sleep which has been better over the last week or so. I don't normally suffer bad PMT but sometimes feel a bit stressed and snappy. Is what I'm feeling in the mornings normal PMT and I'm just more aware of it or could anxiety be linked to hormones? think I've read that somewhere .

Anxious_gal
11-10-08, 07:23
hmm that time of month always makes me more anxious and more sensivtive. I think it's just your hormones. I find the first day or too of my period are the worst.

titchjd
11-10-08, 09:41
I agree ....I have noticed my anxiety increases around the time of my period ....dr said its because of my hormones x

BNCfan
12-10-08, 14:31
My anxiety levels have always fluctuated along with my hormones. Sometimes when I had my period I would feel completely 'out of my tree'. Don't worry, it's another thing we ladies have to tolerate. Don't mean to be rude, but are you nearing the menopause? Many women experience anxiety for the first time in their lives around that time and it can start long before you actually experience any physical symptoms, such as missed periods. I guess we are just more vulnerable around the time of our period. Try to be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest if you can.

nickieb
12-10-08, 16:34
hi lisa

Search the forum hun as there is loads posted on this & it may help clarify things to u xx