PDA

View Full Version : scared.

whitneyskyeusa
02-06-05, 06:17
My name's Whitney and i'm from Mississippi. I'm not sure if I have panic attacks, but, I do worry and stress a lot. I'm probably on the verge of getting them. Like my friend Rebecca, I think that most of my anxiety is about health. I have these tiny-pimple like bumps between my thighs. I've been to the doctor and she's said it's from me being chubby & my legs rubbing together. But, i'm still worried-- i'm worried so much that i'm going to the doctor again tomorrow. I worry so much that it's hard to breathe or function sometimes. It's all I think about... I hope this site will help like Becca says it will! <3 xox whitney [V]

&X0**WHiTNEY SKYE

buffybot
02-06-05, 07:00
Hello and welcome

If your doctor can see the spots and you yourself can see them then you can be 99 percent certain what she says is right.When something can be seen then there is very very little chance of them being wrong and with skin problems it is just so rare for a doctor to get it wrong.
It's the anxiety that you need to sort out and if you was not so worried you would see the skin problem for what it is a simple friction rubbing problem but because of anxiety your certain it is cancer and so on ..this is so so common with anxiety.
We all understand here what you are going through so try not to worry and just wait for the others here to reply to you as they are far wiser than i...

seh1980
02-06-05, 11:34
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pips
02-06-05, 11:51
Hi there,

A warm welcome aboard sorry you are going through a bad time at the mo. I do hope we can help. Try not to worry as this can really feed the anxiety. I do appreciate how hard it is as im a born worrier myself.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

Karen
02-06-05, 12:48
Hi Whitney

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tracyp584
02-06-05, 13:01
Hey Whitney,

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of advice and support here!

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
02-06-05, 14:13
Hi,

Even if he hasn't got exactly the right name for these little pimples the stark reality is that they are definately not life threatening by their nature and their locality so you have time on your side.

You can take advice and try to rid yourself of them by getting air to them, exfoliating well and so forth.

Health anxiety is caused by overreacting and jumping to negative extreme conclusions each time you notice something. You need to keep a sense or perspective and apply a rational set of questions to each symptom before self diagnosing.

Sounds like you are reaching anxiety levels but not panic.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
02-06-05, 18:55
Hi and welcome aboard the forum

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sal
02-06-05, 23:45
Hi Whitney

Welcome to the site and hope we can be of some help to you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Rebecca
03-06-05, 20:26
I am telling you whitney, that the little bumps are nothing serious! they come and they go ! I promise.....especially if the doc sais that they arnt serious, then they aint ! ! !

Rebecca

EmmaJane
03-06-05, 20:44
Welcome to the site

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

sal
06-06-05, 23:52
Hi Whitney

Would be great to hear more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.