PDA

View Full Version : Old pals seroxat, gamanil

pongo's mum
11-10-08, 16:07
Hi, its the usual questions. I liked seroxat, but it was taking me. I was up to 60mgs a day. after starting to take it the year the lottery started? 86/87? Anyway went to Gp, Now as i'm a stubborn fool who of course knows better than my gp, and for that any other health prof'. The facet joint and pelvic upslip pain medication i was on? I decided to stop that too.(What planet am I on?) So thats seroxat, tramadol for pain gamanil, for nerve pain, and iburofen for my back, all stopped, but my gp insisted that i drop the seroxat gradually. Which i did. And yes! OoooooooOooo, don't you feel HORRIBLE coming off seroxat?? ANyway, I am now on co codamol for the pain ,which i like, but it gives me a dodgy tum, i can live with that, and constipation, which i HAVE to take sennakot for. All this fruit and healthy balanced diet pants doesn't work for me, i can eat fruit dried and fresh, nuts seeds the lot, (Dont ask, its a nightmare, solved by sennakot. respect.) My gp's idea was to distract the seroxat with that anti depressant begginning with a m, forgive me, I should have written it down before starting this, i will find it and add it, because it frightened me silly. It felt so dangerous. Ive read people in here taking it, and seem ok, and quite ok. Which goes to show how different we thank God, all are.
I would like your opinion on the following........:unsure:

pongo's mum
11-10-08, 16:12
I would like to know if the gamanil i have been prescribed is enough? I don't think it is, because. I feel sedadated, but i feel i need a 'lift?' does that make sense? I know seroxat is an ssri, and i tell you what!!! I went on antidepressants when i was 22. Iam now 47, for all that time, i thought i was sex mad? Oh no, ait until you come off seroxat??? ( you are like those two old blokes in the French and Saunders sketch?) My partner thinks its Christmas! Dear me. Helloooooooo? Where have i beeeeeeeen?

pongo's mum
11-10-08, 16:14
Ive remembered the name of that medication it was Mirtazapine?

It felt like torture? Well thats what we used to come off seroxat. It was horrible. But ive read of folks in here who are ok on it? I'd love your opinions. Wacky and wise, all welcome! Love and thanks