PDA

View Full Version : Coming off citalopram and onto venlafaxine

RoseBud56
11-10-08, 16:35
Hi everyone,
ive been taking 60mg of citalopram for 3 years now, i tried to reduce the dose in june. It made me feel so tired, i was walking gently accross some hills in edinburgh and my legs just felt like lead and i just wanted to curl up and go to sleep. I also couldn't bear to go out, i couldn't concentrate on anything either or get anything done. I'm usually an avid reader, but after coming off citalopram i couldn't even do that. I felt like crying all the time when i wasn't feeling sad. It was just out the blue. I could be in the middle of a conversation and then burst into tears. I also had panic attacks after withdrawing from it.

I've been back on citalopram for a while now and have just been prescribed venlafaxine. My Gp told me that i could come straight off the citalopram and onto the new stuff, but i'm worried about it too.

I read through some other posts and they talked about it being a really slow process, i'd like to have some idea how it would be to go from 60mg of citalopram to 0 and replacing it with venlafaxine. My doctor is very off-handish about it, and i'm not able to discuss it with her.

All replies are very much appreciated
Thanx, Mary

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif