PDA

View Full Version : psychosomatic???

june
12-10-08, 15:28
hi
psychosomatic pain - has anyone ever had this?:blush:
I have not been out of the house for 8 days due to severe backache:ohmy:
Normally (for me) a bad back comes if i have lifted something or strained my back in some way.
This time the pain arrived without any warning and i panicked - the doc said pills and cream it would soon be better - I have a fear of pills so took parecetamol - the cream made urticaria worse:mad:
Really feeling sorry for myself when i had a ""lightbulb""" moment I hate and detest going to the hairdresser (family are on the case) "you really need to do something about your hair etc:mad:
I also have a neighbour who is getting over an operation and wants me to go with them to place i really do not want to go (do not want to offend) BUT I DO NOT WANT the responsibility for this person (not steady on feet yet).
IS this my (body's) way of getting out of these problems?????
Any ideas? at this moment i can get about the house holding on to the furniture.
best wishes
june

RosieXXX
12-10-08, 18:27
Hello June,

I have had psychosomatic pain before - usually when I have been worrying with health anxiety, which then heightens the anxiety, and the whole thing turns into a vicious cycle. When you are in the middle of it all it is very difficult to tell what is real and what isn't.

It may be you have pulled a muscle in your back, sometimes this can happen without obvious explanation, and because you are focusing on it the pain might be more exagerated. Because you are being pushed into things you would rather not do this could also be causing some physical tension. Difficult to say no sometimes.

labridges7
12-10-08, 19:05
Hey

I suffer badly with HA and a few weeks ago I like you had my back go. It never goes and I was litterally stuck in bed for the week, couldnt walk without jets of pain shooting up and down. All i did was bend down to pick something up and could hardly move. So for no apparant reason at all!

I have to say the pain took my mind off all my other worries and I had a pretty restful week:yahoo: in the HA department! Lol!

Hope it gets better soon x

laura

june
14-10-08, 10:53
Hi labridges7 and rosie,
So sorry, I was not ignoring your kind messages i just felt so awful yesterday.
I saw my own doctor and she has prescribed a different cream. which seemed to work yesterday pm But this morning (7am) tried to get out of bed and thought my back was broken the pain was so bad:ohmy:

Then i am hoping that it is just a blip before things get better - it half an hour to get downstairs and i took my tablets and rubbed in the cream. I have made it to the computer:)
Laura I really did smile at "your rest from HA" lesser of 2 evils?:blush:
Rosie you are right it is hard to know "what is real" and what we imagine:)
also i do find it hard to say no when someone asks for my help because i think ""how would i feel if i was refused help?????":weep:
The pressure we put ourselves under is so silly.
Thank you both for your understanding:flowers: :flowers:
Best wishes
june