PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and terrified...

Becky08
12-10-08, 18:01
Hello everyone,
My names Becky and i live in north london,this is my first time on this site. i have suffered with severe depression and panic attacts for about 5 years, i was brought up in care, and dont really see much of my family, im very isolated, i havent worked for 2 years, it feels like im a nobody, i barely leave my flat and my only friend is my cat, i feel like i should die as my life is unbearable, i finally went to the doctor last week after a solid month of BAD full body shaking panic attacks, she gave me a sick note and told me to claim incapacity benefit, she also put me on 20mg of Citalopram, this is my 7th day on the pills and im a sweaty, trembling, paniky, nauseated mess, please, tell me im not gonna feel worthless forever, im beggining to think there is no hpe for me!
Thanks for listening
Becky

bottleblond
12-10-08, 18:07
Hi Becky

Firstly, Welcome to NMP.

These meds can make you feel worse before they make you feel better, it's very common for anxiety medication so try not to worry too mcht about it, it will pass.

Please don't feel like you are on your own sweety because your not. We are all here to help and support each other and i bet you make some lovely new friends here.

Love Lisa
xxx :flowers:

titch
12-10-08, 18:26
:welcome: to nmp hun..this site has helped me alot and im 100% sure it will do the same for you hun...things will look up.....keep strong hun..........xxxxxxx:bighug1:

titchjd
12-10-08, 18:32
Hiya hun .....a big huge welcome 2 NMP..
You will get so much help and support on here hun.
You are certainly not worthless .

Big Hugs
Titchjd xxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

sheena
12-10-08, 19:16
Hi

You have made a start by joining this forum. There are a lot of people on here, including me, who have on one time felt completely worthless and not worth breathing the same air as anyone else.

I used to work, in my capacity as a social worker, with young people who were leaving care. I know how it can mess you up.

I hope you get some good advice and give your cat a big hug and I will give you a hug:hugs:

Sheena

milly jones
12-10-08, 19:32
wishing you a warm nmp welcome

love milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

lilibet
12-10-08, 20:45
Welcome to the site

kategavin
12-10-08, 20:59
Hi there and welcome, you have totally come to the right place. I only joined about a week or so ago and it has been a lifeline. I have recently started on citalopram too and trust me stick it out the side effects will pass, I had a real bad time to begin with but reading all the post on this site regarding citalopram I perservered, and i'm feeling much better. x

Anna C
12-10-08, 22:51
Hi Becky,

Welcome to NMP. I'm sorry you're having such a bad time at the moment.
You're not worthless, but this is one of the best places to be when you are feeling down.
Keep reading and posting on here and I'm sure you will make some friends and also get some help and support.

Take care Anna xx :hugs:

moonlighta
13-10-08, 00:04
Hi Becky,
Your not and never will be worthless remember that. You're in the right place for help and support from people who are going through or have been through what you have. We are all there for each other and that makes a difference. XX

london
13-10-08, 00:25
Hello everyone,
My names Becky and i live in north london,this is my first time on this site. i have suffered with severe depression and panic attacts for about 5 years, i was brought up in care, and dont really see much of my family, im very isolated, i havent worked for 2 years, it feels like im a nobody, i barely leave my flat and my only friend is my cat, i feel like i should die as my life is unbearable, i finally went to the doctor last week after a solid month of BAD full body shaking panic attacks, she gave me a sick note and told me to claim incapacity benefit, she also put me on 20mg of Citalopram, this is my 7th day on the pills and im a sweaty, trembling, paniky, nauseated mess, please, tell me im not gonna feel worthless forever, im beggining to think there is no hpe for me!
Thanks for listening
Becky

never give up and you will get better the pills will work just need a bit of time . if you come over bad pop in the chat room theres people there who know whats going on and can help

yor5150
13-10-08, 06:03
Welcome! You are not worthless. You are a beautiful child of a God that loves you. Hang in there. There is a lot of support to be found here.

Veronica H
13-10-08, 08:40
:welcome: to NMP Becky. Glad you have found us.:bighug1:

Veronica

Jaco45er
13-10-08, 08:48
Hiya Becky and welcome.

You are not worthless lass, you have just had a bad start to life.

Hopefully it can be all turned around for the good, keep posting and updating people on what you are doing to overcome your anxiety.

A problem shared is a problem halved :)

Jaco

PUGLETMUM
13-10-08, 11:42
:) hiya becky, like the others im sorry you are feeling so unhappy right now, and being on meds that you are having side effects on is never a nice time - however there are other meds if these dont work - i know its hard because nobody comes to you to help you, which is what we want, and you have to do all of this yourself when you are feeling so wretched - that alone shows how much inner strength you have, so be very proud of that - you are a survivor, and like jaco said you have had a tough start, but your past does not have to ruin your future - which you do have. you are depressed and you will continue to see life in the worst possible way until your depression lifts. so you must keep pushing the docs to get you the right meds and the right help - asked to be referred to your mental health team for assesment and tell them and the doc exactly how bad you feel, and that you want to feel better. give these meds a bit longer, but i would say tha tif you still feel bad after 2-4 weeks you would prob need to try some others. some dont work/suit everyone, but you may not be getting side effects they may just not be working - however your doc can tell you how long to try them for. i once persevered with 2 different meds for a 12 week period until i got the right one at the end of that time, and it was a hellish period for me, so i know how hard it is.everybody on nmp is caring and we all root for everyone to recover, which everyone does in time. take care, emmaxxxxxxx

pooh
14-10-08, 01:41
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

have a look at the medication forum, whatever the meds we usually all have a hairy start with them

Pooh x

gary_2.0
14-10-08, 02:54
Hello Becky, by starting with medication, claiming benefit and without doubt joining this forum, you've done several good things already.

You've made positive decisions, so don't dismiss or underestimate what you've already achieved ok? Now you can to begin looking after yourself and your welfare.

I hope the Citalopram works well for you. Remember it's likely to take a couple of weeks before they show their full effect. Plus there are many others to try if these ones don't work that well for you. We're all individual and respond differently to medication.

I also suffer bouts of depression plus anxiety and have become agoraphobic in recent years so I understand how nightmarish the situation can be, but I am making progress. A lot of it thanks to this forum.

You're among friends here now. We genuinely want the best for each other and you will find plenty of support.

You're already making progress Becky. Well done. :)

donna1967
14-10-08, 04:11
:welcome: Welcome to NMP Becky. It takes time for the medication to work. I am like you I wish it would work immediately, but it takes time to get the full effect in your system. We are here for you. I'll be praying for you. Donna:flowers: