PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get worse at Night??

labridges7
12-10-08, 19:24
Hi guys

Just wanted to see if anyone else's anxiety is affected by night coming. I am fine in the day 90% of the time its just as it gets dusky, I feel myself putting up those high walls, locking the doors and windows of my mind and preparing for the battle that always comes with the dark.

As night sets in I can feel the anxiety army attacking my fortress. They chip away at my walls bit by bit. I try so hard to keep them away but the constant effort and fear that my walls aren't strong enough exausts me. My fortress is usually broken and by 9/10pm.

Im so tired from the battle, I feel so defeated and weak. Even if i manage to just about keep it at bay and make it to bed and sleep before they win I still feel like im wasting my life - I spend the entire evening trying so hard not to let it happen that I cant even cuddle my husband. I cant even be near my daughter without spiraling out of controll at night. Im so sad and lonely, I want them so badly but for some reason I have to just be completely self orientated when it happens and I cant focus or do anything other than stare in to space and over see the raging battle in my mind.

Im so exausted and miserable. I dont know what to do.
The Doctor has gave me citrolopram or whatever its called last week and Im too scared to start them incase i get really bad. My diazapam doesnt help.... Im at a loss.

Any ideas?

love laura xx:weep:

Sonya
12-10-08, 22:02
Hi Laura i cant believe what ive read its like reading something ive wrote for myself!
I hate night time coming as soon as it gets dark my anxiety kicks in, i dont look forward to going bed i cant remember the last time i went to bed relaxed and calm. I cant settle the children down myself my partner has to do it for me because im so wrapped up in my anxiety i cant concentrate on anything else.
Im going to the docs tomorrow and requesting to go on citroplam as from what ive read its the best anti depressant for anxiety, like you im frightened of taking it because of the side effects but anythings gotta be better than living like this i want to enjoy my partner and children again.
Hope your doing ok feel free to message me and we can swap emails and support each other through it :)

tracy1972
14-10-08, 19:28
snap i feel like that every night and it gets worse in the winter cant get rid of tht feeling it is horrible and i have asked for help and never get it but good luck and if you ever need to talk just message me not much help but it is someone to share with take care from tracy

swiffer61
14-10-08, 19:50
Oh I hate that! I find that my anxiety likes to rear its ugly head when I'm almost about to fall asleep. Argh!

milly jones
14-10-08, 20:05
i hate it in the middle of the night when theres no one rational to talk with

swiffer61
14-10-08, 20:07
That really is the worst. Sometimes I'll just see my fiance there sleeping and just start to cry.

Sonya
14-10-08, 20:51
That really is the worst. Sometimes I'll just see my fiance there sleeping and just start to cry.

Snap!! Its horrible isnt it i think my problem is i think too much and at night i have plenty of time to do it!

kathyanne
15-10-08, 22:13
It's at night when the world is asleep that it seems bigger than ever. There is no one to speak to. The only way you can help it is to prepare yourself for bed. It's a slow process, take aslong as you like to wind down. It's important that you do things slowly..
-Be careful what you read in bed.
-Don't watch tv from your bed
-take a warm bath before bedtime
-drink a warm milky drink half hour before bedtime
-make sure you are comfy before you lay down to sleep
-always write down any worry's before you close your eyes, so that you deal with them in the morning.

I don't know if this will help you in anyway but try some or all and just see if you can help yourself. All the answers are inside ourselves, honest. The best feeling is to cuddle up to your hubby when you are trying to get of to sleep just for the reasurance you are getting.
The night terrors are the worst and there is no easy way out of it, just try to find a way of relaxing early evening, build it up for totally relaxation from early evening till when you go to bed.

Good luck.

Kathy

Andyroo
16-10-08, 02:04
nights are the worst for me as well :weep: me and my mate call me the panic attack vampire! because it comes out at nights :roflmao: how ever i sit at my computer and chugg down camomile tea with honey. its become like a comfort thing to me now and seems to help alott. trust me i know how bad it can be at nights.. night time has always been my worst enemy :scared15: keep us posted and let me know how its going :hugs: and if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me :D (im addicted to smilies as u can see):yesyes:

Sallysdream
19-10-08, 00:55
i hate nights...it makes me worry so much sometimes that i would prefer to sleep in a hospital near doctors.

SamanthaAU
19-10-08, 11:16
I just wanted to say that night time has always been much worse for me too.

I started on citrolopram a month or so ago and feel much better.

All the best!

ep20
19-10-08, 22:25
OMG you have described me!
My nights are awful.

I cant even sleep in my bed at the min, i only feel "safe" downstairs, if i get in bed and have panic attacks. No matter what i do.

Its awful. Sorry i have no advice, just wanted to let you know that there are more of us!
xxxx

Blackstar
20-10-08, 10:55
Oh wow, I know exactly what you mean.

I can be alright in the day (my anxiety is like a cat. Mostly it entertains itself, sometimes it's even asleep, but then sometimes it is fully awake and swiping at me with its sharp claws...often taking me by surprise!), but at night I have demons in my head.

Some nights are very bad, I find myself curled up in bed like a child, crying my eyes out and wishing I could find a way out of my own private hell :weep: Eventually I get to sleep and the morning is a bit brighter...but you're right, every night is a fight.

I hope you find resolution :hugs:

Take good care,

Anna. x