PDA

View Full Version : please help me!!!!!!

liz24x
12-10-08, 19:56
i suffer from ectopic heartbeats/palps,ive had a holtermonitor bloods chest xray ecg the thing is i had 6 pints of ciderlast night and i dont have a healthy diet,today i have been soooo breathless and dizzy and my heart did something weird earlier im so so sosososo so scraedof dying from a heart attackidont know how to calm myself down,im not panicking assuch i just can not breath! should i ring a ambulance??? has the alcohol mad my heart bad?

kendo59
12-10-08, 20:04
i had 6 pints of ciderlast night and i dont have a healthy diet

The best person to help you, is YOU.
If you know drinking affects you badly, and your diet is poor, the answer is simple.
Cut down on your drinking, and eat properly.

labridges7
12-10-08, 20:14
just calm down and breathe, concentrate hard on something lovely, a good memory and i mean HARD. You are ok, your just having normal fluctuations of the heart that every person has, because its been on your mind due to the ecg you are just more aware of it thats all, picking up what you usually wouldnt. When your calm just hold your wrist and feel your steady calm heart beat, strong and healthy. Your heart has got you through all the anxiety and panic youve ever had and not failed you and it will not this time. The panic will probably make your heart even stronger. Regular exercise and all that! As to your diet, thinking on a world wide scale not everone is very healthy and they are all usually fine so I wouldnt worry.

Maybe you can change your lifestyle a bit when youve calmed down and feel better. You will be just fine xx

Cathy V
12-10-08, 20:17
It always makes me smile when young people post telling us they feel like death after a night of hard drinking, then ask if its normal to feel this way!

If you suffer with ectopics even without drinking, you'll certainly make them worse after. That shouldnt really be a tough one to work out.

Sorry, no diecrimination intended, but it is usually the youngsters who ask this on a sunday! :D

AndyB
12-10-08, 20:31
Hey man, I'm 27 - done the binge drinking thing to death and the day after really sucks if you've hammered it.

I've had times where I thought I was having a stroke or had a brain tumor, or when I thought I was going to have a heart attack etc and used to be so relieved to make it through the day alive!

Sounds like you should heed the signs and make the decision to cut back on the drinking. Try not to let other people around you influence you. I have had to cut back on going out with certain friends because they are such a bad influence. Just because they drink loads does not mean it is right for you or your body.

liz24x
12-10-08, 20:39
thanks labridges and andy :) why did you other 2 bother posting?

Granny Primark
12-10-08, 20:41
I totally agree with cathy. Trust me drinking makes you feel loads worse.
However I have drank wine in order to get rid of the panicks. It seems an easy way out but trust me it makes things 10 times worse.
I still succum to drink when I feel I really cant cope.
But ive recently found something better. Taking a walk and feeding the ducks in our local park really does help me feel chilled.
Im not saying i wont have a drink again when i really stressed but there are times now I have a glass of wine purely for the fact I enjoy the taste and not for the effect it has on me.

Cathy V
12-10-08, 20:52
Its just that its hard enough to cope with these symptoms when you dont know what causes them, but when you do know what aggravates them, why would you keep doing it.

But if all you wanted was a hug and not a lecture (thats what mums do best)then heres one....:hugs:

kendo59
12-10-08, 21:06
Sorry if my post came across as not being supportive.
Like Cathy says, it's difficult for people who have no control over the causes of their illness, so when someone posts about a cause that appears to be something easily solved, it can sometimes be a case of pointing out the obvious.

Hope you're feeling better.