PDA

View Full Version : Having another child

Lissy43
12-10-08, 22:09
Would you let HA stop you from having another child?

I have 3 and we are thinking in the future of having another child, the prospect does worry me because my anxiety kicked off really after I had a misscarage 4 years ago.

Its not something we are planning just yet, maybe in a year or 2 but it does concern me a little, I don't want to regret not having the 4th child we both long for.

kendo59
13-10-08, 02:48
It's not a decision I'd take lightly, and I'd weigh up very carefully how the stress of a pregancy may affect ones health, and whether I could cope with the demands of a new baby. I'd also weigh up the length of time since your last panic-attack, against your biological clock. Can you afford to wait until you have a 6-month anxiety-free medication-free period before trying for another baby?

Probably a good place to start would be to get a full health check from your GP, to make sure you have no health issues to bring on your HA, and that you are in a positive mindset and not get HA during your pregnancy, as that could have a knock-on effect to your blood pressure, etc, which would not be good.

Once you do get pregnant, it may be worth explaining to your GP about your miscarriage & your HA, and ask for regular checkups throughout your term.

At the end of the day, you are already blessed with 3 kids, and it's your decision how important it is to have a 4th.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Lissy43
13-10-08, 12:50
Thank you very much, lots to think about.

Its not something I would jump into lightly and its a way off yet.

I am not taking medication, having CBT which will end before christmas and is going well. My GP is aware of my HA and he helped me alot during my 3rd pregnancy.

The only health condition I have is the chronic sinusitis which I deal with and have realised I have to plod on, I am in contact with my GP and ENT about this condition anyway.

We are very blessed, our children are just beautiful and a joy, they keep me going:-) I don't worry that much during pregnancy, well I didn't until I had a mc but I had regular scans and mw check ups with my last child so it was very reassuring.

Thanks very much for replying.