PDA

View Full Version : Controlling obsessions

phil06
13-10-08, 01:53
Can anybody offer me any advice for battling obsessions which seem to take over my life, and get worse?

Like everything has to be perfect. Say i add somebody on a profile site and the picture is not of them I obsess over it and If I add them guarantee I would delete them next day. I would not add somebody I worked with as she was not very slim. And I obsessed over a person from work who fancied me but I never liked them back I had added them to a profile site but my obsession made me delete them.

Can anybody relate to this? I have found horrible thoughts seem embedded in my head. I could be thinking what is on tv, and suddenly a dark cloud at the back of my head gives me horrible thoughts and everything is a what if or but and I can be anxiously worried for hours.

A while back i was able to block them out and like face the situation but I find it eats away at me so I end up needing to like delete somebody from MSN or a profile site which is not good really. Even finding my ideal woman I find they need to be perfect for me looks wise.

What can i do to control this? I'm worried that i can forget it and it creeps back up and I end up compulsions from the obsessive side of things? Because say the anxiety wins it does not make me look a very nice person. :ohmy: :weep: