PDA

View Full Version : stressin over tongue

worrier1
13-10-08, 09:14
I saw my GP 2 weeks ago about some recent illness. He put me on fluoxetine to try and curb my anxiety.
I have a sore tongue, especially on one side, which seems to come and go throughout the day, with varying intensity. There are no visual signs of soreness on my tongue.
the question I would like to ask is: is a sore tongue really a sign of anxiety? any tips on trying to get rid of it?

amu
13-10-08, 21:54
Hi, I had it last year for months, turned out to be nothing, so I guess it could be. I only got rid of it when I no longer thought about it all the time.

tracy1972
13-10-08, 22:40
i have also got that problem at the moment an di have been to the doctors and hospital but cant find anything wrong cant find a sore but not sure if i hav got a abcese or a infection got to go to dentist tomorrow as the side of my face is swollen

jojo2316
21-10-08, 14:14
I have this too! Especially when I burp or something, and mainly on one side. What's that all about? There's nothing to see, and I can't find any lumps or anything, just a twingy kind of ache which comes and goes. Weird.

diane07
21-10-08, 16:40
I had burning tongue syndrome, which was absolutely awful, that was due to anxiety and stress, when your tongue gets sore its the one sure way a doc or dentist knows you're stressed apparently

di xx