PDA

View Full Version : Husband off in morning to Wales

geddy
13-10-08, 14:44
Im feeling really anxious and on verg e of a Panic Attack. Just taken an extra dose of my Propanadol to try and keep the anxiety under control! But i feel close to tears and really quite emotional.
He is off to Wales first thing for work and wont be back until Thursday night :o(
This is the only thing that freaks me out, his staying away with work. But i know he loves his job so i cant ask him to give it up! I dont know what to do, and i really dont know how im going to get through the next few days !!!

kazzie
13-10-08, 15:20
Hey Geddy:hugs:

Its just a couple of days hunny:hugs:

Keep yourself busy.....have you tried our chat room????? Lots of people to natter to:yesyes:

Theres always people around on here too:D

Think how much fun you can have when He comes home:winks:

Thinking of you

Kaz x x x:hugs:

ElizabethJane
13-10-08, 15:57
I know how you are feeling Geddy. The nights are the worst for me so I always take a low dose sleeping pill then at least I'm not awake every five minutes. Last week my husband was in Brussels and my son was away too. I needed to take low dose valium too as my anxiety was going through the roof. I work during the day but if you dont I suggest you surround yourself with friends. Try to work out a contingency plan ie going to sit/stay with someone. It might be an idea to work out what you will do if your husband goes away again. I know that I cant do without props like sleeping pills and valium. I have tried and it isn't all the time. Best of luck.

geddy
13-10-08, 16:05
Thank you for your ideas xxx

He travels a lot. i have 4 kids so its not like im lonely! But i just find it soooooooo hard to face, doesnt feel right without him here :o(

geddy
13-10-08, 16:10
I shall play my Damien Rice and try and be happy and chilled and NOT worry he is playing away and not missing me!

geddy
13-10-08, 17:31
I hate being so paranoid and full of such anger and resentment!

And i know only i can change the way i feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GemmaAnn
13-10-08, 22:16
All you have to remember is that time away from the people they love isnt as bad for those without anxiety. They might miss us, and think about us ... but its in a more loving and happy way as opposed to our panicky 'omg how will i cope without them' way.

The key I have found (my bf lives like a hundred miles away and we only see each other at weekends) is to think about your reunion, im sure it will mean so much more and be so much nicer when you see him again than it is when he comes home from work at night.

Find something relaxing to do wen the kids have gone to bed, have a bath, relish the silence! and when he comes back you will feel proud that you managed to do it :)

belle
13-10-08, 22:58
I know how you feel.
My husband just left me....
...but he's not coming back!

minihaha
13-10-08, 23:26
hi geddy, keep yourself busy as others have said , but busy in a sense that its things you want to do.......rather than "just keeping busy to detract from your hubbies absence" as a mum of 4 and a wife i am sure there are things you wish you could do, but never have the chance to do in the normal chaos of family life.
What ages are your kids..? could the older ones keep the little uns occupied whilst you have a nice bath, candles , some music. Once you sink into the tub with some lovely bubble bath you cant help but relax. When my dh is on a night out and i am home alone, i plan for my next night out, i try on stuff in my wardrobe, look at my accessories, play about with hair styles and make up etc. Whatever works for you to occupy your time, do it. Whether it be a bath, ironing, walking the dog, taking the kids to a movie - you do it, see it as a couple of days to be you, independence is a great tool when dealing with anxiety.
as others have said, if all else fails make sure you have a friend or family member on call who knows that hubby is away and understands that you may be in need of company.
You will be fine, let us know how you get on
K x