PDA

View Full Version : Feel like nothings getting better

scoobygirl2005
13-10-08, 16:59
Hey

Haven't posted on here for a bit. Just wanted some advice, I still got my problems and they don't seem to be getting better, my OCD and Depression are getting a lot worse. I am having counselling but it isn't helping that much, I am finding it really hard to cope and I feel alone. No one seems to understand. My counsellor also said that the counselling sessions will stop in about 4 weeks time and then I don't know what I am going to do because I won't be able to cope without counselling, I will go back to my GP if my counselling stops and tell them that I need it but I am not sure whether they will be able to refer me to another counselling service. I really feel like I am going round in circles and nothing is getting better. I feel so depressed a lot of the time and I don't really have any friends that I can talk to about it. :weep: Am not sure what advice anyone can give me but any would be good. Thanks.

Scoobygirl2005
x

scoobygirl2005
14-10-08, 18:24
Anyone got any advice then lol?

x

Oceanblue
14-10-08, 18:39
Can your doctor refer you to the MHT for therapy ? I think that if you suffer with OCD and it's becoming so much of a problem, the MHT should be much more beneficial to you. I would say OCD is out of a Counsellor's depth, confused as to why the doc sent you to a Counsellor in the first place, but then,.. you may have had other worries at the time when talking to your GP.

:flowers:

Granny Primark
14-10-08, 19:42
Hi scooby,
Im sure you have at least one good friend that you can either txt or ring. :hugs:
Dont bottle things up. Youve still got me mobile number havent you?
You can have at whinge with me anytime.:)

scoobygirl2005
14-10-08, 20:54
Thanks Lynn. Katie what is MHT? My counsellor is a Community Psychiatric Nurse, I have CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).

x

Oceanblue
14-10-08, 22:13
Thanks Lynn. Katie what is MHT? My counsellor is a Community Psychiatric Nurse, I have CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).

x

Oh ok, that's cool then. It's just when you mentioned Counsellor, I thought as in a General Counsellor, not Psychiatric Nurse, huge difference :) !!

MHT - Mental Health Team, Co-workers working together in all round Therapies. A help line throughout the day/night if need be.

scoobygirl2005
16-10-08, 20:38
Well am not sure what to do because my Cognitive Behavioural Therapy ends soon and I can't cope without having like a counsellor to talk to, I will go back to my GP but do you think they will just say that I can't have counselling?

Scoobygirl2005
x

Southern_Belle
19-10-08, 16:19
:bighug1: Lucy,

I would ask the counselor you are currently seeing if they can recommend another counselor? Not understanding your healthcare system I don't know if this is possible. Do try to continue counseling though. Also, try and step out of the box of safety and make friends at school. I know it is difficult but maybe you need to make the first move. You have so much to give to others I know you could have many friends. With the education you are receiving it is the first move to end up having a great life. You know I only wish you the best.

Love and more hugs,

Laura xxx