PDA

View Full Version : SONGS

Laurie28
02-12-03, 09:13
Meg asked a wee while back about songs and there meaning (can't find post!)

Robbie William song 'Feel' - excellent about him battling with depression
also other robbie Williams songs 'Angels'

Lucky

Lottie32
02-12-03, 10:49
Have you heard Me and My Monkey - the monkey being his drugs nemesis!

Greatest respect to Robbie for admitting he has drug alcohol and related mental health issues!

Charlie

Laurie28
02-12-03, 10:52
Yeah Charlie,

I got the CD Robbie Live at (Somewhere)

Excellent songs

Haven't always been a big Robbie fan but I really enjoy his newer stuff

Lcky

Lottie32
02-12-03, 11:18
I never did the whole Take That thing, but his new album is much darker, and I really like it.

One of my mum's amazing theories is that I am like "this" because my attitude and outlook on life is wrong, and because I listened to depressing music when I was at school, and not Opera!!!

This is only because I had a bit of a Goth thing going on, but we were never depressed. We all used to take confetti out with us when we went clubbing and threw it around when we danced to Wasteland!

My sister on the other hand spent all her time in her room listening to The Smiths.

But because she didn't wear much black that was ok. (Obviously my mum never actually listened to any lyrics!) Girlfriend in a Coma? It's not exactly cheery now is it!

Charlie

Laurie28
02-12-03, 11:39
I'll probably get shot down in flames for this one!!! - lol

EMINEM

A song called 'Crazy' about how his daughter has pulled him back from going 'crazy'

if you can get passed the foul language his stuff is great and basically tells his life story - very moving - believe it or not

Lucky

benoo5
02-12-03, 18:08
it has to be <angels> for me,and

<dance with my father>..about the break up of a marriage,in the eyes of a child....bryan.

uryjm
15-12-03, 21:36
The Smiths must be one of the greatest "depressed bedsit" bands ever. One listen to any of their albums and you just had to feel better! Personally, I loved them. Recently I've found Pulp to have some interesting lyrics about fear and loathing in Great Britain.

Jim

nomorepanic
15-12-03, 22:44
Anyone ever listen to Leonard Cohen (is that how you spell it)!! the smiths have nowt on him!

Nicola

twister
16-12-03, 13:32
for depressive and good you have to go for Nick Drake

Emily

Lottie32
16-12-03, 14:19
I don't care what anybody says, you still can't beat Everyday is Like Sunday by Morrisey for bringing you down!

Lou Reed is another good depressive. Perfect Day has got to be one of the saddest sounding happy songs ever made.

Pulp sing very depressing songs, disgused as pseudo-pop.

Angels always used to make me cry, but I've heard it murdered too many times by karaokee singers on a Saturday night for it to have any effect now, I'm immune!

Charlie

benoo5
16-12-03, 14:39
charlie,my party piece at kareoke is..buddy hollys <oh boy>...i used to think people loved it,as they all got up,and jiggled about,but now i realise,they were reinacting <one flew over the cookoos nest>

bryan.

Lottie32
16-12-03, 15:40
I can't sing so can I be the mute Indian?

Charlie

twister
16-12-03, 19:41
Perfect Day is sad sounding because it's actually about being addicted to heroin - which is why some thought it a strange choice for the BBC to use!

Emily

nlancashire
16-12-03, 21:40
I like mongoloid by Devo and slap yer mammy now, I am a deep thinker!

[8D]Neil

uryjm
16-12-03, 22:42
Radiohead - (No alarms and) No Surprises - good advice for panic sufferers!

Jim

Lottie32
17-12-03, 09:04
Emily

Couldn't agree more, Perfect Day is excellent in Trainspotting, but then you hear it on the tele and it's played to accompany happy things, when it's a sad song really.

Maybe you ought to inform the BBC?

Charlie