PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of Trembling Arms & Hands??

petmad
13-10-08, 18:45
Hi all
Does anyone else ever suffer from this strange feeling, I often sit at the computer and feel my hands are shaking or trembling, but they aren't. I stop and hold them and maybe one is very slightly shaking but I mean only very very slightly. But its a strange feeling. I now get paranoid when I get this feeling and imagine my hands to be shaking when I look at them but they are not.
is this some kind of anxiety thing going on?
I asked my doc today as wondered if my vitamin B complex dose was too high or if it was the Citalopram, but she doesn't think so.
I do spend a lot of time on the computer and typing at home and work so maybe its just to do with that?
Can anyone reassure me? I read other articles about all the deseases and get myself in a panic. But not as bad since being on Citalopram I would like to add!!
thanks for reading this x

LeeBee
13-10-08, 19:27
Hi there

I get trembly arms and hands sometimes, usually after I've had a bout of high anxiety and panic. I think it can be caused by adrenaline leaving your system.

Otherwise; perhaps you want to look at your posture at the computer? If you are in a position that is causing your muscles to strain then that can cause a sensation of trembliness. Maybe try adjusting your posture and see how it goes. :)

Bri02
14-10-08, 18:14
Hiya,

I have recently started getting this too. It is as though I have held something really heavy and then my arms feel weak and shaky - I put my hands out and they are shaking slightly but it doesn't impact on handwriting or anything.

I thought it was because I was taking amitryptaline (spelling?) but I have been off them now for a month and I still have it.

I'm worrying too but I have read lots of stuff that says trembling etc is quite common with anxiety. Did your doctor make any suggestions? If they thought it was anything too serious I reckon they would have mentioned something but you can always go back for reassurance?

Unsure if this will help or not but feel free to message me at any time, Bri